Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have this VHS tape with something on it ...
I have this VHS tape with something on it ...
I'm currently recording a VHS tape that is over 20 years old to my PC.

1 rep if you can tell me what I recorded (pretty easy with the hint below).
1 rep if you can tell me approximately what day of the year I recorded (also pretty easy).
1 rep if you can guess why I'm recording this tape (somewhat difficult, but not impossible and I'll accept an answer that's close enough).

Hint 1: This tape has a famous movie on it that almost everyone has seen.
Hint 2: I had to record the film because I was not home.
Hint 3: The movie is somewhat inconsequential to why I'm recording the tape.

Hint IV: I had to borrow a VCR.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: I have this VHS tape with something on it ...
1. Me having sex with your mother.
2. June 3rd, 1985
3. Because we told you to.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
This does not sound easy. I'm going to guess CapnAwesome already guessed it for he seemed pretty confident, but just in case.

Star Wars on Christmas day. Because something unintentional was recorded that day you are trying to preserve it. Maybe a ghost was caught on tape or evidence of Bigfoot or just something unique.
"It's a Wonderful Life" recorded Christmas Eve. Recording your VHS because Ted Turner has you on the payroll, you drank the Kool-Aid, and you think colorized films are OK.

Or maybe it really is Cap'nAwesom having sex with your mother.

Either way, you're a sick man.
What the fuck man!? Where is my rep?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
It is SOOO CapnAwesome, its not even funny...rep the man!
A Christmas Story
Dec 24th 1993-4?
The Christmas Story of 1994 was different than now because George Lucas hadn't added all that terrible CGI yet.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
hmm, well I am not too familiar or interested in movies from before I was born, but I am guessing it's a really old film which they aired recently. Considering your, umm appearance, I'd guess something like the exorcist or silence of the lambs, but I don't think those would be aired in this season. As to why you are using vcr...well maybe you don't like torrents?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I took it as he recorded the movie from TV to VHS over twenty years ago...?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
It was 1986 and in the middle of some random movie, a break occurred where they announced the chernobyl explosion...

Edit: or the fall of the berlin wall three years later
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2267 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1636 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 212 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 4793 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 396 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1319 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  It’s Christmas so say something nice The Valkyrie 16 1716 December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: no one
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1562 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
  If you see something, say something Foxaèr 24 2169 February 1, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Something Great Happened To Me Today... ReptilianPeon 2 995 October 2, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon