Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist from Portugal
Atheist from Portugal
Well to keep it simple I have been an atheist ever since i achieved critical thinking and questioned the imposed belief inherited from my parents, which was Catholicism (while they did not force the belief because I never went to church or took part in a religious ritual).
I'm from Portugal and this year I'll turn 19. In september I'll attend the University of Lisbon in the Aerospacial area.

If any of you has a question about my country, whether on the subject of religion or any other feel free to ask.
RE: Atheist from Portugal
Great novel, great user name.

Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Hey there 100, welcome to the forum Smile

What's the religious scene like over there, and what's the view of atheism?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Another southern guy, damn no portuguese here is from the fucking North?

Boas, também sou ateu [gnóstico] e tenho 20 anos, é bom encontrar um camarada tuga e estudante. Sê bem-vindo. Há pra aí mais 3 portugueses no fórum.

Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

We have so many Portuguese here!

Welcome, 100 Smile
(January 7, 2015 at 4:22 pm)robvalue Wrote: Hey there 100, welcome to the forum Smile

What's the religious scene like over there, and what's the view of atheism?

(Bear in mind this is my personal experience from a relatively small city)
It's polarized. A lot teenagers certainly have no religious beliefs and want no connection at all with religious institutions others are extremelly and attend church every week, take part in the rituals and so on.
Amongst the older population, the religious are an overwhelming majority.

(January 7, 2015 at 4:22 pm)Blackout Wrote: Another southern guy, damn no portuguese here is from the fucking North?

Boas, também sou ateu [gnóstico] e tenho 20 anos, é bom encontrar um camarada tuga e estudante. Sê bem-vindo. Há pra aí mais 3 portugueses no fórum.

Welcome

Cheers.

Aí no Norte o pessoal é muito religioso se não estou em erro.
Welcome OP!

The damn Portuguese are taking over the forum!
(January 7, 2015 at 4:39 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Welcome OP!

The damn Portuguese are taking over the forum!

The World will be ours once again Devil
I see, thanks Smile Sounds fairly similar to here in England, although again I don't have a great amount of experience.

What's going on... I know you guys are talking about me in some weird code Shock
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yeah when I become president I'll recruit all of you to conquer Spain and then take over the rest of Europe... But now to answer - I don't know any difference between the north and south, I know that in the interior (villages and stuff) people are more conservative but in big urban cities like Porto it's basically the same as Lisbon, as far as I'm concerned - To be a douchebag, the only difference I've noticed is that in Lisbon there's a lot of blacks compared to the north.

Não vamos falar muito em português senão o pessoal não percebe. Mas viva à prisão do Sócrates!
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you