Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Cosmos fans: you're about to get another Neil deGrasse Tyson TV show.
Hey Cosmos fans: you're about to get another Neil deGrasse Tyson TV show.
Quote:Neil DeGrasse Tyson is getting a late night National Geographic talk show

Neil DeGrasse Tyson's foray into television with the reboot of Cosmos last year has led to another show about science. Today the National Geographic Channel said that it's tapping Tyson for what will be its first late-night series, called Star Talk. According to a release about the new program, obtained by The Wrap, it's going to be a lot like Tyson's podcast, which has been running since June 2009:

Based on Tyson's incredibly popular podcast of the same name, the new series will bridge the intersection between pop culture and science as it brings together celebrities, comedians and scientists to discuss the latest developments in our vast universe.

The weekly program airs in April and will be taped in front of a studio audience at the American Museum of National History's Hayden Planetarium, Nat Geo says. No word yet on who the first guests or topic will be, but Tyson generally has a lot to talk about with just about anyone, including Twitter at large.

Tyson's first and only season of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, aired on Fox last May and ran 13 episodes. The program was an ambitious reboot of the 1980 TV series by astronomer Carl Sagan, and would run on Nat Geo the day it aired on Fox.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/7511063...-talk-show
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Hey Cosmos fans: you're about to get another Neil deGrasse Tyson TV show.
Will definitely be tuning in to this, thanks!
Beliefs are what divide people, doubt unties them.
-Peter Ustinov
fap fap fap
Yipee! More of Neil's honey sweet voice.
Ooooh, I love the Star Talk podcast! Too bad I don't have cable or satellite though. D:

Ah well. I'll stick with the podcast. It's good stuff.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
This will be epic
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I just tried to set my DVR. Too far out. Dodgy
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
LOL !!!

Happy surprise, I figured this thread was going to reveal Neil was going to be on the next season of Dancing With the Stars.

Glad to be WRONG !!!!!!
ZALGO IS PLEASED!!!
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

Get it ??

Dancing With the Stars ??

STARS !!!!

I crack me up !!!

ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watching "Cosmos" Foxaèr 28 4449 January 19, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  DrOz brings up NDEs on today's show. Brian37 21 3777 June 7, 2018 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Cosmos with Neil De Grasse Tyson Premieres Tonight Minimalist 224 25363 May 15, 2014 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Dawkins on the Daily Show tonight. Brian37 5 2278 September 26, 2013 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Fabric of the Cosmos: What Is Space? Gooders1002 0 1302 May 4, 2012 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Fantastic Colbert-deGrasse Tyson Interview thesummerqueen 9 3792 January 12, 2012 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  UK Football Fans: a nanotech question Anymouse 1 856 November 22, 2011 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: toro
  Cosmos to get a Sequel in 2013. leo-rcc 1 1173 August 5, 2011 at 9:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger