Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosmos to get a Sequel in 2013.
Cosmos to get a Sequel in 2013.
Over three decades later, Carl Sagan’s groundbreaking, brilliant 13-part TV series Cosmos:A Personal Voyage is finally going to get a sequel. Cosmos, which originally aired in 1980 and was rerun many times over the following decade, is widely regarded as one of the first, and best, TV shows to make science accessible to everyone. You can watch the show now on Hulu, but despite its brilliance it is still a show from over 30 years ago, and you can tell — the special effects are primitive by today’s standards, but more importantly some of the content has been superseded by discoveries in the intervening years.

So I think we can all agree it’s high time someone made a sequel to it, and now someone is! In partnership with Sagan’s colleagues Ann Druyan (who is also his widow) and Steven Soter, Seth MacFarlane — yes, that Seth MacFarlane — is going to produce a new 13-part series to serve as a sequel and modern update to Sagan’s masterpiece. Taking over the hosting duties will be none other than well-known astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, who has among other things served as host of NOVA ScienceNOW on PBS for the past five years, so has plenty of experience making science accessible to the general public. It would be difficult to think of anyone who would be better able to succeed the late, great Carl Sagan. The folks working on it are going to take their time and do it right — it’s not scheduled to air until sometime in 2013.

Continued here: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/08/cos...sse-tyson/
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Cosmos to get a Sequel in 2013.
I hope that this program is as successful as the Planet Earth series. People love a proof of concept, if they make a sizable chunk of coin, we can expect more programs like it to follow.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watching "Cosmos" Foxaèr 28 4456 January 19, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hey Cosmos fans: you're about to get another Neil deGrasse Tyson TV show. Mudhammam 14 2408 February 14, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cosmos with Neil De Grasse Tyson Premieres Tonight Minimalist 224 25396 May 15, 2014 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Nobel prize 2013 Something completely different 3 1034 October 8, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  The Fabric of the Cosmos: What Is Space? Gooders1002 0 1304 May 4, 2012 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002