Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a an individual humanity can value.
Yes I rant and rave and blast all religions. But again, those are ideas and claims. I also value our human compassion even if the person holds beliefs that make me want to pull my hair out.

I can value this individual without liking everything Muslims say or what the Koran says. This is a decent human being. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...even-jews/
He had to save them so he could blow them up himself later. This way he can get the 72 virgins.
RE: Here is a an individual humanity can value.
(January 15, 2015 at 8:50 pm)KUSA Wrote: He had to save them so he could blow them up himself later. This way he can get the 72 virgins.

No, I really think he's just a decent person.
(January 15, 2015 at 8:50 pm)KUSA Wrote: He had to save them so he could blow them up himself later. This way he can get the 72 virgins.

I would hardly think that. A Muslim who saves Jews would be the last person I would think would want to kill them.

Now as far as Allah or 72 virgins as claims, or even the fundy Jews who wouldn't sit next to women on an airplane, are mere ideas I would have no problem attacking apperson's claims verbally.

But if you are willing to save my life, I can put down any differences as debates in that moment.
Thanks for posting, I don't follow the news. Depressing, among other things. I think he is just a genuinely good person, his re;religion doesn't change that view.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(January 15, 2015 at 9:05 pm)Kitty Galore Wrote: Thanks for posting, I don't follow the news. Depressing, among other things. I think he is just a genuinely good person, his re;religion doesn't change that view.

My mom is still Catholic but she knows that I think all god claims are nuts. She has never taken that personally and most certainly she is always there for me.

I can like what Malala did, and Martin Luther King Jr did, but that does not mean I find their god beliefs credible.
Yes, he did a wonderful thing, and I would estimate he is probably a very good person. He just happens to follow a crappy religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
My post was that of sarcasm. I'm sure he's a fine fellow.
(January 16, 2015 at 6:52 am)robvalue Wrote: Yes, he did a wonderful thing, and I would estimate he is probably a very good person. He just happens to follow a crappy religion.

All religions are crappy ideas, but there is always our common compassion that can and often does over ride crappy ideas. The good thing about humanity is that there is good in us, even when we hold crazy positions.

If this guy was my son or married to my daughter, if I had one, I would be proud. I'd still think "Why do you have an invisible friend". But I don't think I would have been that brave. I would have been shitting my pants.

Wow, that's a new low.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2584 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Euro dropping in value CapnAwesome 3 546 January 4, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Best In Humanity........ Brian37 1 711 December 3, 2014 at 10:27 am
Last Post: vorlon13