Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donation Drive
Donation Drive
The "lease" on our old server has expired, which means we are free to abandon the contract at any point and get a new server. The current server costs £40 (~$60) a month which is far too excessive. The company I'm tempted to go with (flosoft.biz) is owned by a friend of mine and he can get us a FlexServ package for around £18 a month instead.

So those who can do math will have realised that we need to raise £216 (~$327) to fund the site for the next 12 months.

Obviously none of you are obliged to donate; this site will always remain free and ad-free, but if you like Atheist Forums, want to see it continue, and want to lift the burden off my personal savings Wink then please think about donating.

[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif]

I've added a crude counter to the top of the site (which you can hide if you really want to), and all current donations we've had have been added to the total. I'll update this every time the site gets a donation.

-Thanks Big Grin
RE: Donation Drive
Done my bit.. Now come on peoples........
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Ok, I thought about it! Smile
I think you should also put donators names up as well because people like seeing their name in lights Big Grin
Ok, well if you want your name up there then please send me a PM with your donation amount and name associated with the donation (so I can check).
I think you're nuts not carrying advertising.
(March 6, 2010 at 6:42 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I think you're nuts not carrying advertising.

Never, that's the thin end of the wedge that is.
I've seen it done well.
Boo adverts
(March 6, 2010 at 6:42 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I think you're nuts not carrying advertising.
The only ads I'd ever consider would be ones from Text-Link-Ads, as they are usually quite easy to blend in with the rest of the site.

I ran Google ads twice previously on two sites and literally days before I was due to get paid by them, my account was suddenly suspended for no reason; no explanation given other than some bullshit about "invalid clicks". Their entire support system is automated, so even though you send them emails complaining, you get the same "We've looked over your account and have decided not to re-enable your account" back.

In my opinion, it's a massive scam aimed at people who haven't got the time or effort to go around suing them. I did contact a lawyer the second time, but he never got back to me, so I'm assuming it wasn't worth his time either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donation Changes Tiberius 84 9408 May 8, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Donation Statistics Tiberius 17 5690 May 14, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  New Donation Groups Tiberius 62 16415 January 20, 2013 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Donation Updates Tiberius 14 6536 March 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Donation Updates Tiberius 5 4722 January 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy