Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook To Ban Religious Posts and Memes
Facebook To Ban Religious Posts and Memes
He he he...

http://nationalreport.net/facebook-ban-r...sm-groups/

Quote:In a closed-door session with shareholders on Tuesday, Facebook executives wheeled out a set of new rules which, when implemented later this year, will ban their users from creating status updates and image posts related in any way to religion, while also vowing to disband groups and take down pages with religious goals or affiliations.
Facebook will introduce their new rules in three waves. The first will see religiously-themed pages being removed, as well as religious groups, private or otherwise, being disbanded. The second wave will prohibit the posting, sharing, and general distribution of religious images and memes; images asking Facebook users to pray, or encouraging them to believe in one or any religion, will be banned, with warning messages and even account suspensions for those who repeatedly attempt to violate the rule.
The third and biggest wave, which is due to come near the end of the year, will impact regular Facebook users themselves, with new filters which will seek out status updates that use “religious keywords,” such as “Jesus,” “prayer,” “Church,” or “God.” Facebook staffers will read flagged status updates to determine whether they should be removed or not, with warning messages and suspensions going out to those who violate the rule.

ROFLOL

The comments section is the best....
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Facebook To Ban Religious Posts and Memes
Facebook to me isn't a really intelligent place to have discussions anyway.
I detest religious memes but I wouldn't ban them. Users can already block indiviuals.
Isn't this a little extreme? I mean, where's freedom of speech and association?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Please tell me this is satire.
(January 21, 2015 at 8:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Please tell me this is satire.

There's no way it isn't.

... Surely... O__o
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I hope it is satire too. It has to be
(January 21, 2015 at 8:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Please tell me this is satire.

I am not finding it on any other news source, so it might be.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Now would a website named National Report with Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin on the masthead be satire?

It's satire.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's gotta be satire, just look at the cycling headlines at the top of the page.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11459 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Stupid christans look to ban Good Omens GUBU 64 6271 July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and couldn't help but laugh GODZILLA 28 4997 March 23, 2018 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Depressing christian forum posts purplepurpose 46 8296 November 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The type of religious stuff my mother posts on FB. Foxaèr 3 1128 May 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My fundy mom made this comment on Facebook TheRocketSurgeon 27 6472 March 24, 2016 at 9:14 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Religious friend dumps pile of shit in my facebook inbox. Too thick to tear apart. DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 28 8487 November 30, 2015 at 4:44 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Oh FFS! Getting real sick of Facebook. Spooky 37 6541 March 31, 2015 at 10:49 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Stupid Facebook arguments RobbyPants 14 6093 February 5, 2015 at 4:35 am
Last Post: kookookachoo
  Christian facebook pages disturb me Lemonvariable72 19 6402 July 16, 2014 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72