Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another example of Christianity destroying culture.
Another example of Christianity destroying culture.
Quote:In Northern Ireland, atop Binegenagh Mountain and overlooking Lough Foyle, there sat a statue of the sea god Manannán mac Lir (below). The statue, created by artist John Darren Sutton (some of whose work can also be seen in HBO’s Game of Thrones), was one of several sculptures to be found along the Limavady Sculpture Trail. The trail was designed with visitors in mind, as a way of sharing and commemorating the area’s “most notable myths and legends.”

Vandals Cut Down Sculpture of Mythical Irish Sea God and Replace It with a Cross

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...h-a-cross/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Another example of Christianity destroying culture.
Yet, if you question them even putting up a cross on public property they scream persecution and act as though it's a personal slap in the face.

Then they demand tolerance.
Dying to live, living to die.
they already ruined eastern cultures in Asia well the lower class over there anyways.
but tradition isn't getting beaten out that badly.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 27, 2015 at 9:18 pm)Beccs Wrote: Yet, if you question them even putting up a cross on public property they scream persecution and act as though it's a personal slap in the face.

Then they demand tolerance.

I hate this entitlement complex, I really do. It manifests in so many forms too, it's "we're free to do whatever the fuck we like because religion". If other people question that right or try to exercise equal freedom, they see it as a violation.

Pure greed.

I hate when religious people deface monuments belonging to other religions. I'm not that keen on any religion, but they all have important historical relevance so I don't want to see their monuments defaced or destroyed.
Xtians suck. What else is new?
Quote:The trail was designed with visitors in mind, as a way of sharing and commemorating the area’s “most notable myths and legends.”

Well, it's hard to argue that there isn't a more notable myth in Irish history than the religion based on the CruciFiction™.
(January 27, 2015 at 10:11 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Well, it's hard to argue that there isn't a more notable myth in Irish history than the CruciFiction.

Indeed. Stupid mother fucker non-Saint Patrick.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 27, 2015 at 10:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Xtians suck. What else is new?

I agree. Par for the course.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
[Image: gwznj.jpg]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Haha, you'd think Jesus wouldn't ever want to see another cross in his eternal zombie existence!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irish RCC Seminary has "Gay Culture" Fidel_Castronaut 0 1162 August 3, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6800 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8497 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18329 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Christianity destroying cultures Foxaèr 27 4354 November 19, 2013 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Friendly Atheist - Another Reason for Women to Leave Christianity thesummerqueen 39 10024 September 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: coffeeveritas