Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best description of Christianity
Best description of Christianity
[Image: 54d7328eeee27_zpsmzejxk7b.jpeg~320x480]

Faulty logic and a misrepresentation of reality. I've not seen a better representation of Christianity than the above.

In 15 words or less, your description of Christianity (or religion in general)
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Best description of Christianity
cancer
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

God sacrifices himself to himself so that he can break his own rules.
Evolving ad hoc beliefs that claim to be the one eternal truth about imaginary things
This is what sums up religion for me:

[Image: monty-python-monks-o.gif]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Worship of an abusive, sociopathic parent who demands adoration but gives nothing in return
Religion= a work of man to worship or live by a set of man made rules

Christianity (big "C") God's effort to free us from religion.

Small 'c' christianity is just another religion.
(Big B) Bull Shit

Poorly fabricated story
Hodgepodge of irrationality.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Trying close to my best to rationalize Christianity sausagerock 65 6272 January 29, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Best books debunking Christianity KiwiNFLFan 83 15094 January 16, 2020 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  a brilliant description of growing up fundamentalist female drfuzzy 12 3570 March 4, 2016 at 9:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6782 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8496 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18320 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)