Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-20 spread limit holdem hand.
Information 
4-20 spread limit holdem hand.
I'm in the cut off(button is to my immediate left). I'm dealt a pair of red jack. Three people ahead of me limped in for 4 bucks a piece. I make it 16. The button calls, the blinds fold, two of limpers call. Figure after the drops about $67 in the pot.

On an earlier hand the guy on the button 3 bet me with KK and I don't figure him to make many pre-flop calling mistakes. The two limpers I don't know a lot about except I do figure them to make lots of calling mistakes.

Flop comes Kc Qs 6d.

Its is checked to me. How should I proceed?
RE: 4-20 spread limit holdem hand.
(February 15, 2015 at 7:25 am)Heywood Wrote: I'm in the cut off(button is to my immediate left). I'm dealt a pair of red jack. Three people ahead of me limped in for 4 bucks a piece. I make it 16. The button calls, the blinds fold, two of limpers call. Figure after the drops about $67 in the pot.

On an earlier hand the guy on the button 3 bet me with KK and I don't figure him to make many pre-flop calling mistakes. The two limpers I don't know a lot about except I do figure them to make lots of calling mistakes.

Flop comes Kc Qs 6d.

Its is checked to me. How should I proceed?

Accept you have a problem and arrange an appointment with a professional.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Wait.

If one of the players still in you consider good, I'd check it down. They probably have a K or Q.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well since its spread limit I would bet the limit and see who hangs around.
If you check you get to see a free card, and you may hit a J and you're golden. If you bet and either calls, you're in very bad shape. Of course they might both fold, so the bet may be worth the semi bluff. But I wouldn't like to take on a good player on this position, so I'd take the free card.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 15, 2015 at 10:41 am)robvalue Wrote: If you check you get to see a free card, and you may hit a J and you're golden. If you bet and either calls, you're in very bad shape. Of course they might both fold, so the bet may be worth the semi bluff. But I wouldn't like to take on a good player on this position, so I'd take the free card.

Catching the Jack on the turn after a check with 3 other people in the pot puts you in tough spot because it puts k q j on the board, so even that is scary. I think in a limit game you go ahead bet, your betting at the max $20 to possibly win around $70 its well worth the stab. If they fold then great, if you get called your options are still in play in the next round because the max bet is still only $20.
Did someone say 4 20? Big Grin

Yeah, yeah, lame joke, I'll go repent.
Raise to 20 preflop, obv. With three limpers ahead of you 16 is just gross. You may as well have limped yourself.

Frankly, once the hand went 5 way, your jacks became about as valuable as deuces. If I can't isolate with a hand like that, I turn to set mining and occasionally running bluffs. I might just check it down here, which is admittedly meh, but this really isn't the greatest spot.

I don't expect a bet to take it down here very often, but I might throw out 20 and see what happens. Reevaluate the turn. When you get called, at least you know you're probably behind. :p

I don't mind catching a jack on the turn (if I bet here). Depends on how many donks you have in the game that would peel for a gutterball for $20. The pot odds aren't there and the implied odds aren't either.

Don't they spread pot or no limit in your neck of the woods, Heywood? Limit poker just sucks so hard.
This thread is very fascinating. I don't understand a single word. You could all just be writing random stuff as far as I'm concerned...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 15, 2015 at 12:42 pm)Alex K Wrote: This thread is very fascinating. I don't understand a single word. You could all just be writing random stuff as far as I'm concerned...

I'll go make my own version of poker. With hookers and blackjack!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2-10 spread limit with overs buttons. Heywood 10 2422 February 26, 2015 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  2-10 spread limit texas holdem poker hand Heywood 14 7970 January 29, 2015 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope