Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aerotoxic Syndrome
Aerotoxic Syndrome
Okay, so I had this "brilliant idea" that I'd do my essay this semester for public health on cabin air quality in passenger jets. I may not, I may do something else, but I think it's really good topic that can talk about the issues involved, analyse the actual risk to the public, and whether government intervention would be appropriate or not, and what the costs would be to implement a policy to improve air quality; or require there's a way to flush the air in-flight when it becomes contaminated, etc.

So. Is anyone aware of any specific policies in their countries that have been debated either by health professionals or by politicians/parliament/government regarding this? I can look up Australia, that's not an issue, I'm just wondering what other policy responses have there been. It's certainly been debated, does anyone have reports of these debates for other countries?

Has a ban ever been imposed on a jet before, for instance?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kallmann Syndrome Mechaghostman2 20 5064 April 25, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Aspergers Syndrome Edwardo Piet 53 4930 September 25, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Man with Downs Syndrome Dies Due to Police Actions festive1 14 3746 July 19, 2013 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist