Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godless Fundamentalists
Godless Fundamentalists
Recently I have noted an odd thing: people who dont believe in god displaying irrational tendencies that would be expected in christian fundamentalists, such as distrust towards ethnicities other than 'anglo-saxon', hate towards homosexuals, extreme conservative tendencies, extreme stubbornness, dislike of anyone whos ideas are incongruent with their own, etc...

This disturbs me as said individuals hold themselves as democrat liberals, and also hate any christians for no aparent reason. This would be expected of right-wing fundamentalists, but in democrat-people who hate christianity this is unnatural.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: Godless Fundamentalists
Well unfortunatly not just religion gets passed from parent to offspring.. small minded biggotry can also be handed down.

For example my stepfather was one of those biggots... It took a fight between me and another kid down the street who was black.... well after the fight somehow we became close freinds.. a little black and blue male bonding Smile

But ignorance runs amuck just becouse someone is an Atheist dont mean you have any other traits other than the disbelief in a god in common. THERE ARE BIGGOTS AND NUT JOBS EVERYWHERE....AND THE GOVERNMENT IS WATCHING THEM ....lolz
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
(March 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: Recently I have noted an odd thing: people who dont believe in god displaying irrational tendencies that would be expected in christian fundamentalists, such as distrust towards ethnicities other than 'anglo-saxon', hate towards homosexuals, extreme conservative tendencies, extreme stubbornness, dislike of anyone whos ideas are incongruent with their own, etc...

This disturbs me as said individuals hold themselves as democrat liberals, and also hate any christians for no aparent reason. This would be expected of right-wing fundamentalists, but in democrat-people who hate christianity this is unnatural.

Do I know these people? :S

It is a bit depressing to see people acting like that (Wether godless or not)... but they are after all people: what would you expect? :S
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Im sure you know some, Im sure everyone knows of at least one.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

Irrationality appears no matter what.

It is only nice that the godless have one less abstraction to shadow their irrational behaviors.
I think they are worse, because when dealing with christians, you can use the bible to manipulate them and it is easy, wheras the godless just get pissed off.

(March 16, 2010 at 2:35 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: I think they are worse, because when dealing with christians, you can use the bible to manipulate them and it is easy, wheras the godless just get pissed off.

That is an incredibly naive statement to make - you seem to forget that with more crap comes more work.
(March 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: Recently I have noted an odd thing: people who dont believe in god displaying irrational tendencies that would be expected in christian fundamentalists, such as distrust towards ethnicities other than 'anglo-saxon', hate towards homosexuals, extreme conservative tendencies, extreme stubbornness, dislike of anyone whos ideas are incongruent with their own, etc...

Yes irational fundementalists exist in all walks of life.
To look is not to see,
to see is looked on in thy soul.

I bid MCMXCIXDevil
(March 16, 2010 at 2:37 pm)Synackaon Wrote: That is an incredibly naive statement to make - you seem to forget that with more crap comes more work.

Perhaps so, and ideally such people could be avoided, but when talking to religous people you can use out-of-context verses from the bible as legitamate argument to prove your point, wheras godless irrational people do not allow for the possibility that what they currently think may not be entirely correct, and they dont have a 'rule book' that they actually would listen to, so there really is no eficient way to deal with them, for their 'bible' is entirely arbitrary, and entirely stored inside their heads.

I think people are generally xenophobic are distrust those that are different, or those that they don't fully understand.

It's easier for hardcore Christians to justify and be open about it.
- Meatball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You're not so Godless. WinterHold 150 16470 March 22, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Stop calling atheists 'fundamentalists' Dystopia 80 13752 July 25, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Losty
  godless pro-lifers Max_Kolbe 85 18731 October 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  United Athians Guild: Finding Peace in the Godless Soul AthianGuildmaster 17 5392 January 14, 2013 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Why choose to say 'godless' and not say 'i don't know'? savethedreams 22 6600 April 19, 2010 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Paul the Human
  Godless photos Autumnlicious 101 33152 February 4, 2010 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  SciAm: Darwin on a Godless Creation: "It's like confessing to a murder" leo-rcc 1 2695 February 16, 2009 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki
  Godless Christmas in London Tiberius 1 2983 September 11, 2008 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana