Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Krauss vs William Lane Craig
Lawrence Krauss vs William Lane Craig

Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Lawrence Krauss vs William Lane Craig
Thanks. Will need tanking up on vodka before I can face the abyss of Craig's brand of lunacy, but I'll add it to my watch list.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Is this the video where LK heads off WLC's entire argument in his opener, and then WLC doesn't even have the wherewithal to course correct*, he just continues doing EXACTLY what LK said he would do?

*Yes, I understand that WLC had no ability to go off script :p
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(February 24, 2015 at 11:11 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Is this the video where LK heads off WLC's entire argument in his opener, and then WLC doesn't even have the wherewithal to course correct*, he just continues doing EXACTLY what LK said he would do?

*Yes, I understand that WLC had no ability to go off script :p

Well, see, in the "magisterial" use of reason, making already debunked arguments in a debate is highly unreasonable. But using the "ministerial" type of reason that WLC says is the only valid one, where rationality is subordinate to just assuming the bible is true, the bible is so obviously true that debunked arguments aren't that at all, because bible!

And that, dear friends, is why WLC is a terrible philosopher.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 24, 2015 at 11:16 am)Esquilax Wrote: [...] WLC [...]

And that, dear friends, is why WLC is a terrible philosopher.

Fixed that for you.
Angel
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurricane Lane Haipule 26 1478 August 26, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  A universe from nothing Lawrence M. Krauss dyresand 10 4566 February 25, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Lawrence Krauss vs documentary filmmaker JJRambo 0 821 December 29, 2013 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: JJRambo
  'A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009 dred-pirate-rob 3 2927 October 27, 2013 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Laurence Krauss on science and politics. leo-rcc 0 1586 November 3, 2008 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc