Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran's Revolutionary Guard...so cute
Iran's Revolutionary Guard...so cute
Iran televised a training exercise called "Great Prophet 9" where speedboats attacked a model of a U.S. aircraft carrier.

Iran's view of things:
Quote:"American aircraft carriers are very big ammunition depots housing a lot of missiles, rockets, torpedoes and everything else," the Guard's navy chief, Adm. Ali Fadavi, said on state television. A direct hit by a missile could set off a large secondary explosion, he added.

Fadavi last month boasted that his force is capable of sinking American aircraft carriers in the event of war. He previously called carriers easy targets and said Iran naturally wants to sink them.

American view of things:
Quote:"We're quite confident of our naval forces' ability to defend themselves," he said. "It seems they've attempted to destroy the equivalent of a Hollywood movie set."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f032e3543...key-strait

I wish there was a way of assessing the average Iranian viewer's reaction to the broadcast. Certainly the majority of the population isn't as delusional as their admiral; one would hope.
RE: Iran's Revolutionary Guard...so cute
Good luck getting a speedboat within five miles of an aircraft carrier.
Quote:"American aircraft carriers are very big ammunition depots housing a lot of missiles, rockets, torpedoes and everything else,"

The Japanese knew that too. Their record in exploiting it was spotty.
(February 25, 2015 at 4:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"American aircraft carriers are very big ammunition depots housing a lot of missiles, rockets, torpedoes and everything else,"

Yep.

I notice that the "aircraft carrier" in the photos appears to be alone and not defending itself. As you well know, in reality, that would never happen, as carriers are surrounded by support ships - who's job it is to protect the carrier from submarine, surface, and air attack - not to mention warplanes and the anti-missile Phalanx CIWS.

So, Iran sunk a defenseless hulk full of explosives?

Big fucking deal.
ROFLMAO That was good for a good belly laugh
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
Epicurus
(February 25, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Cato Wrote: Iran televised a training exercise called "Great Prophet 9" where speedboats attacked a model of a U.S. aircraft carrier.

Iran's view of things:
Quote:"American aircraft carriers are very big ammunition depots housing a lot of missiles, rockets, torpedoes and everything else," the Guard's navy chief, Adm. Ali Fadavi, said on state television. A direct hit by a missile could set off a large secondary explosion, he added.

Fadavi last month boasted that his force is capable of sinking American aircraft carriers in the event of war. He previously called carriers easy targets and said Iran naturally wants to sink them.

American view of things:
Quote:"We're quite confident of our naval forces' ability to defend themselves," he said. "It seems they've attempted to destroy the equivalent of a Hollywood movie set."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f032e3543...key-strait

I wish there was a way of assessing the average Iranian viewer's reaction to the broadcast. Certainly the majority of the population isn't as delusional as their admiral; one would hope.

It seems the Iranian admiral has in mind the Essex-class CVs of WWII fame -- unarmored, and overladen with aircraft for their displacement, meaning huge fuel tanks as well.

I'm thinking he's in for a surprise.

I set fire to a map of Iran.

Tremble, Republican Guard.

Do not tempt me to visit your country!
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 25, 2015 at 4:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

And those carriers had very little armor protection. These have several inches of passive armor, and are being considered for upgrade to "dynamic armor", which uses electrical fields to inhibit the usefulness of shaped charges.

Additionally, with a 50% surplus in electricity generation, upgrading it with the LaWS laser system, capable of killing attacking aircraft and small boats, seems like an obvious move.

"Suicide boats", indeed.

It appears that with all the attention ISIS is getting someone was feeling left out.

It is cute, though.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Didn't know much about US aircraft carriers, so I had a wee wiki.

I fancy Iran's chances about equal to that of a Ping-Pong ball in a cyclotron.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iran's top nuke scientist killed. Brian37 18 1055 November 28, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Former Nazi Camp guard charged... Brian37 7 762 November 26, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  You look cute in them there Jeans.... Brian37 0 244 September 4, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Un, Putin and now Iran Brian37 14 1214 August 1, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  President Shithole backs out of Iran nuke deal Brian37 23 1437 May 10, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Think The World Would Take Us Much More Seriously On Iran Minimalist 3 601 February 1, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Uh Oh! War on the way between Saudi Arabia and Iran? A Theist 13 1334 November 7, 2017 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cute Alert - Kitten Stows away to offshore rig The Valkyrie 2 433 March 1, 2017 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  NSA Flynn Puts Iran On Notice A Theist 30 2581 February 3, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Iran is starting to move abaris 26 2877 February 7, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue