Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God and privacy laws
God and privacy laws
Given that God is watching me the whole time, without my permission, is he invading my privacy?

If you knocked on the door of many Christians and told them you'd be setting up cameras to monitor their every move in case they break the law then they'd probably get their gun out. Even if you said it was just to monitor whether they broke any Christian rules, they'd still be upset. Yet God is wonderful for doing it. Why?
RE: God and privacy laws
(March 6, 2015 at 6:33 am)FreeTony Wrote: Given that God is watching me the whole time, without my permission, is he invading my privacy?

If you knocked on the door of many Christians and told them you'd be setting up cameras to monitor their every move in case they break the law then they'd probably get their gun out. Even if you said it was just to monitor whether they broke any Christian rules, they'd still be upset. Yet God is wonderful for doing it. Why?

Because we're so sinful and depraved that we need to be watched by the ultimate and infallible authority 24/7.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 6, 2015 at 6:33 am)FreeTony Wrote: Given that God is watching me the whole time, without my permission, is he invading my privacy?

Many of these idiots don't mind being watched by the NSA for example. The nothing to hide bullshit is often heard from those who cry liberty at every given opportunity.

As for god, I guess we have to wait for an Edward Snowden angel to turn up to know the real extent.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(March 6, 2015 at 6:51 am)abaris Wrote:

Many of these idiots don't mind being watched by the NSA for example. The nothing to hide bullshit is often heard from those who cry liberty at every given opportunity.

I think you're right, fundamentalist religion attracts or produces people with that kind of authoritarian mind set.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

[Image: image_zpsombtsqkv.jpg]

[Image: c14fe173-ce53-49f1-a71c-7e6e0903191e_zps3f8fd40a.jpg]

God has noted your bad attitude here.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Haha some real good responses already!

I never even had that thought as "god" as a big NSA Camera watching all of us. What a great way to keep people in line... hmm... I wonder how effective this big camera has worked? .. Is god the only one that can review the footage?
Even if he is watching ill look up to make it awkward for him to rub one off.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I best put on a good show...
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(March 6, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Spooky Wrote: I best put on a good show...

Dance for him dance like never danced before

:eats-popcorn:
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 8859 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  "religion built the laws of society"? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 18 4645 December 5, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
Video Top 11 Stupid Bible Laws (from the book of leviticus) MagetheEntertainer 10 3733 November 5, 2014 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19332 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie