Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Evidence For God and Against God
The Best Evidence For God and Against God
The easiest and simplest way to prove God's existence is to provide evidence of its existence. But there is lot lot easier way to do it. Disapprove the theory of Naturalistic Evolution and this automatically Proves God's existence or Prove Evolution and you automatically disapprove God's existence.

The two options.

A)Prove Naturalistic Evolution to be true and you take out God's existence because this shows a natural explanation of how everything came into existence without the assistance of the supernatural.
B)Take out Naturalistic Evolution and the existence of God is automatically Proven.

Because it's either,

A):We came here by an accident without true meaning or purpose, but we are just some random living organism in space, Or
B):God created us with a meaning and purpose to life, not including our private wants.

But it also depends on ones honesty as well, not just the evidence, no amount of evidence is going to convince someone who is unwilling to accept it. So we must look at ii, in both ways.

A) Is there convincing evidence for Naturalistic Evolution?
or
B) Is there convincing evidence against Naturalistic Evolution?

When atheists say, the burden of Proof is on the theist to provide the evidence for Gods existence. There is a twist to the game you see, a theist may say the burden of Proof is on the atheist to provide proof of Naturalistic Evolution that we came into existence by an accident, see the problem? So, we must check both sides.
RE: The Best Evidence For God and Against God
(November 18, 2016 at 7:11 am)The Joker Wrote: Disapprove the theory of Naturalistic Evolution and this automatically Proves God existence or Prove Evolution and you automatically disapprove God's existence.

Wrong on both counts.
Wrong. You're reducing all possibilities to those two, without justification. And they're not even correct either.

You might want to define "God" before you even consider any evidence for or against.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
God could exist, whatever the fuck it's meant to be, but yet have nothing to do with our reality. So A is wrong. You could define "God" to try and make this work better.

B is also wrong because you're presenting a false dichotomy. Removing one explanation is not license to make up anything you want in its place.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
This was wrong the first time you posted it. Repeating it doesn't make it any more valid.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 18, 2016 at 7:27 am)robvalue Wrote: God could exist, whatever the fuck it's meant to be, but yet have nothing to do with our reality. So A is wrong. You could define "God" to try and make this work better.

B is also wrong because you're presenting a false dichotomy. Removing one explanation is not license to make up anything you want in its place.

Defining God depends on which religion is the true religion of God, because different religions defines God differently. You will have to examine the different religions.
If you're the one making claims, it's up to you to define it. Pick any one you like.

It still won't help your false dichotomy, unless you define "God" to be "every explanation except The Theory of Evolution".

Index of my best videos
(November 18, 2016 at 7:35 am)robvalue Wrote: If you're the one making claims, it's up to you to define it. Pick any one you like.

To be honest you can't pick what you like, but the one which is true. It's not a matter of ones private taste.
Wait, you posted this in Christianity. So why are you asking me which religion?

Also, why should I care if God exists? I have a separate thread about that subject.

Index of my best videos
You can define a word to mean anything you like. Whether or not it represents anything in reality doesn't matter.

Your words are not defined and your arguments are wrong. You need to address this, or else you're not saying anything useful.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can God be objectively good despite criticism against Him/Her/It? Ahriman 80 6675 May 29, 2022 at 11:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6460 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4080 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 13422 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2895 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1129 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 48960 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas
  Someone, Show me Evidence of God. ScienceAf 85 11514 September 12, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please give me evidence for God. Socratic Meth Head 142 21715 March 23, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Arguments against Deism and for religion. Mystic 32 12636 March 12, 2016 at 1:54 pm