Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Elodie.
Shocked 
I'm Elodie.
I'm Elodie.

I've struggled with hate this week far more than most other points in my life, which led me to find a forum where I could hang with people like me.

I don't believe there is a god. I believe that if one did exist, s/he would not be so cruel. (And boy-oh-boy is there more to that opinion!).

I just want some online friends who aren't judgy. I think I can find that, here.

(Still looking for where to set my siggy.)
--
from the Bible belt but wasn't religious, then catholic/faithful-but-logical, then "God" failed me, now atheist. Always fighting for who I am and what I think/feel (and what I don't believe).
RE: I'm Elodie.
Hello Elodie, welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that you got so much hate!

(if you click user CP on the top right, there are tons of settings)
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome aboard. Remember there is no god so hating him is pretty pointless.

Now...his fucking followers OTOH...they are worth all the scorn you can muster!
(March 7, 2015 at 3:14 am)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome aboard. Remember there is no god so hating him is pretty pointless.

Now...his fucking followers OTOH...they are worth all the scorn you can muster!

Thank you. Unfortunately, this was family...and wasn't even about religion, exactly. I'm also childfree and that was the cause of the angst. Thankfully, the next-closest family member supported me 100%.

Thanks, too, for the welcome.

(March 7, 2015 at 3:12 am)Alex K Wrote: Hello Elodie, welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that you got so much hate!

(if you click user CP on the top right, there are tons of settings)

Thanks for the welcome! Smile
--
from the Bible belt but wasn't religious, then catholic/faithful-but-logical, then "God" failed me, now atheist. Always fighting for who I am and what I think/feel (and what I don't believe).
Welcome! As the name suggest, you'll find plenty of atheists here! Weird, right?
Hi Elodie Smile Welcome to the forum.

Very sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having. Am I reading it right that someone is criticising you for not having children?

You'll find many lovely reasonable people here, so I hope you'll find a nice home.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 7, 2015 at 2:45 am)elodiechartier Wrote: I'm Elodie.

I've struggled with hate this week far more than most other points in my life, which led me to find a forum where I could hang with people like me.

I don't believe there is a god. I believe that if one did exist, s/he would not be so cruel. (And boy-oh-boy is there more to that opinion!).

I just want some online friends who aren't judgy. I think I can find that, here.

(Still looking for where to set my siggy.)

Ah you live in the bible belt.

I like to think of it as Americas "stupid zone"

I hope you escape someday.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 7, 2015 at 3:23 am)elodiechartier Wrote: I'm also childfree and that was the cause of the angst. Thankfully, the next-closest family member supported me 100%.

I despise people who pressure others to have children. Angry Who the hell do they think they are? There are way too many little life leeches running around anyway.

Stand fast, Elodie. It's YOU'RE life.

And welcome to the forum!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I just saw a special on sea level rise on HBO's VICE. I told my wife "I'm glad we don't have grandchildren."

Be happy with your decision. You'd be bringing them into a world which is going into the shitter.
I'm never having children either, I decided that many years ago. There are already too many people in the world. Plus it's very likely to inherent my plethora of health problems.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum