Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Playoff Pool?
NHL Playoff Pool?
With the NHL playoffs almost here, is there anybody else here interested in joining/creating an NHL Playoff Pool?
RE: NHL Playoff Pool?
I'm a Ranger fan.
(March 31, 2015 at 10:55 am)Brometheus Wrote: With the NHL playoffs almost here, is there anybody else here interested in joining/creating an NHL Playoff Pool?

Gotta be the Hawks. 
I gotta go with Montreal. Hawks okay too. Just let the winner be a traditional team. I don't want the freaking Florida Surfbears or something to win the Stanley Cup.
Florida eliminated from the playoffs today.
My Pens have lost three straight. Can't seem to find the back of the net. They are tied for the Wildcard at 95 points. Could have used the 2 points against the Flyers tonight. Instead they lost their 8th straight to them. Sad

Any sort of sports betting structure, I am okay with. What exactly did you have in mind?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
As a Minnesota Wild fan I obviously want them to end up on top but realistically it probably won't happen. We secured our spot but I don't know how far we'll go. Hopefully Dubnyk isn't getting burnt out, I think they really fear that being they played Kuemper last night.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
Rangers played with 1/4 of their AHL team on the ice last night and still almost lost Lundqvist to a leg injury.  Fortunately, he got up and finished the game. I'd play my backup in the final game if I were coaching.
Quarter Final matchups set

Rangers v Caps

Blackhawks v Wild

Ducks v Flames

Canadiens v Lightning or Red Wings
My guesses:

Rangers v Caps: Rangers

Blackhawks v Wild: Too close of a matchup for me to guess but I'm rooting for Wild

Ducks v Flames: Ducks

Canadiens v (Lightning or Red Wings: Wings): Canadiens

Just a rough guess
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFC LEAST, weirdest playoff scenario I've seen. Brian37 6 404 January 4, 2021 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Brian37 vs Hillbilly atheist playoff bets. Brian37 38 3640 January 11, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  NHL tells player to stop licking opponents CapnAwesome 7 980 May 12, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  NFL 2016 Playoff Preseason Pick'em! Tiberius 4 1074 February 7, 2017 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  College Football Playoff selection c172 8 2182 December 7, 2015 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13