Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC LEAST, weirdest playoff scenario I've seen.
NFC LEAST, weirdest playoff scenario I've seen.
The games are not over today yet. 

But both Dallas and Washington are 6 - 9 and the Giants today are 5-10. But if both Dallas and Washington lose, that will put all 3 in a three way tie and the Giants would end up winning the division, which would make them the first NFL team to make the post season with the worst NFL record at 6 -10. 

But if I am remembering correctly But if Dallas and Washington both win, Washington would break the division tie and they'd be in post season with 7-9 which has happened before in NFL history.

That would be totally weird to see a 6-10 team make the playoffs.
RE: NFC LEAST, weirdest playoff scenario I've seen.
Easy solution - put all three tied teams on the field at the same time.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 3, 2021 at 4:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Easy solution - put all three tied teams on the field at the same time.

Boru

HA HA HA! Love it! Like watching the Three Stooges. 

An aside, I've often made a joke at sports bars to the bartender, "Hey, I know how sports bars could make tons of money." Bartender often responds, "Yea how?" Me, " Make the field a circle with no end zones and have no clock. The game would go on forever."
Ok, Giants just beat Dallas, so Washington tonight has to beat the Eagles to get in. But if Washington loses tonight, the Giants will become the first NFL team in the modern era to get into the playoffs with a crappy record of 6-10.
This whole season has been crappy.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Even if Washington manages to win tonight, we'd face Tampa and Brady next week.
Washington beat the Eagles, so we face Tampa next week.

But I do not understand why they put Alex Smith back in and to rid of Haskins last week. Smith wasn't mobile, his leg was still in a brace.

And why the hell is Tampa going to Washington when they are 11-5 and we are 7-9? 

I don't care if we won the division, we still have a worse record. At least the team with the better record should be able to host the game. I want Washington to win of course, but merely from a league rule point of view, that makes no sense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The NFC Least. A Washington story. Brian37 1 206 December 7, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Brian37 vs Hillbilly atheist playoff bets. Brian37 38 3639 January 11, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  NFL 2016 Playoff Preseason Pick'em! Tiberius 4 1074 February 7, 2017 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Haven't seen that since Little League Minimalist 25 3052 November 3, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  College Football Playoff selection c172 8 2182 December 7, 2015 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  NHL Playoff Pool? Brometheus 13 2970 May 6, 2015 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Cato