Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth-is-stationary Proofs
Earth-is-stationary Proofs
http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com/Ea...onary.html

As recently posted on a christian forum, I would like to present the extreme of xtian stupidity. These people need our help.

Therefore, we have seen an Earth-is-stationary proof. If the Earth was rotating about its axis, someone in Quito, Ecuador would be traveling twice as fast from west to east as someone in Oslo, Norway – at any moment, and at every moment. Meanwhile, someone looking at the proverbial North Pole, would hardly be moving at all! But is that reality?

It takes just as long to travel 100 miles by air due east of Oslo, Norway (traveling at a set air speed) as it does to travel 100 miles by air due west, at the same air speed and altitude, if it is a calm day without wind. And, what is more, that is the same length of time it takes to travel 100 miles due east or due west of Quito, Ecuador on a wind-free day, given the same altitude and air speed!

How is that possible?

The earth is not rotating at all.

And consider the following:

We are told that he earth is moving very fast but that we do not feel the motion. If that was true, it would mean that the air is moving at the same speed as the part of the Earth that it is next to. Thus, the air at Quito, Ecuador is moving twice as fast as the air at Oslo, Norway.

But if the air at Quito is moving twice as fast as the air at Oslo, that would create the following “problems” that are not supported by reality:
RE: Earth-is-stationary Proofs
The Earth rotating 1,040 mph
The Earth rotating around the sun 30 km/sec

The reason why it looks stationary to us.
centrifugal force and a combination of gravity.
I.E. Simpler Terms

We are attracted to the center of the Earth due to gravity.
Centrifugal force also plays a part as well as friction.
Centrifugal force and friction work in tandem without atmosphere we wouldn't have oxygen or even whether, because we have a atmosphere why we have weather.
Going to the part why we do not feel the motion of the earth traveling so fast.
We not feel it because the speeds are constant and if we did we wouldn't be alive at the moment.
The acceleration of the spinning earth away from your feet is, at the equator, about .02 m/s^2. It's swamped by the gravity, about 9.8 m/s^2. You don't feel a difference like that, though it shows up on a scale or an bathroom scale.

i hope this clears that up for you.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I used to wonder the same when I was 5. If I dropped something in the back of a car going 60 mph, why was it not immediately pressed against the seat back? I didn't get my answer until I was a teen when I read popular books about relativity. It's understandable that an adult not into science might wonder the same thing but once explained to them, it should be clear. If it is not, they do NOT require our help. They require the help of a neurosurgeon. Banghead
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Coriolis effect.

It's why tornadoes almost always spin the other way round in the southern hemisphere. Stupid christer fucks.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 5, 2015 at 5:01 pm)dyresand Wrote: i hope this clears that up for you.
My OP wasn't my opinion, just a repeat from a christian site.
(April 5, 2015 at 5:25 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(April 5, 2015 at 5:01 pm)dyresand Wrote: i hope this clears that up for you.
My OP wasn't my opinion, just a repeat from a christian site.

My bad and also theists really need to google shit for their own sakes and mostly ours. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 5, 2015 at 4:51 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: But if the air at Quito is moving twice as fast as the air at Oslo, that would create the following “problems” that are not supported by reality:

The difference in airspeeds north and south of the equator is what causes the specific rotational direction of tropical storms (not tornados), which is the 'coriolis effect'.

The key to the Coriolis effect lies in the Earth’s rotation. The Earth rotates faster at the Equator than it does at the poles.

(April 5, 2015 at 5:25 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: My OP wasn't my opinion, just a repeat from a christian site.
We are just responding without suggesting you actually believe or endorse those foolish and stupid remarks.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Quote: And, what is more, that is the same length of time it takes to travel 100 miles due east or due west of Quito, Ecuador on a wind-free day, given the same altitude and air speed!
Anyone who believes this to be true has never flown on Avianca Ecuador.
Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We can define the earth to be stationary if we introduce weird coriolis and centripetal forces as real forces, which let the universe rotate about earth once every 24 hours. So when we say that the earth is not stationary, what we really mean is that the laws of physics are vastly simpler in one specific coordinate frame in which earth rotates with a certain speed. It's more subtle that people usually admit.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

A related thing, I can prove that the earth is flat.... railway lines are flat and they never leave the surface of the earth (except for bridges and tunnels) Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1372 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  The age of the Earth LinuxGal 12 2491 March 21, 2023 at 5:18 am
Last Post: no one
  Hollow Earth Fake Messiah 8 951 October 14, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4025 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7240 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Flat Earth and Geocentrism ThePinsir 47 11275 February 20, 2014 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Earth - Proof of God? Christian 147 57072 February 26, 2013 at 12:34 am
Last Post: ThomM
  When someone dies, God sends them to either Heaven, Hell.....or Earth? superstarr 10 5840 September 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: everythingafter