Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If God sent your child to Hell.
If God sent your child to Hell.
So let us for a moment imagine God is real, and a theist dies and goes to heaven. Now imagine 30 or so years later, the child of that theist, who ended up being an atheist, dies and gets sent to hell for his non-belief.

From now until the end of time your child, whom you cherished and adored from the moment they were born, whom you would literally give your own life for, will be tortured and tormented in ways that are incomprehensible to the mind. They will never escape, and God will never change his mind, so their suffering will be as eternal as your own afterlife. You will never see your own child again, and you know that every minute of every day, they are in indescribable agony.

My question is...what would theists think of the God who not only let this happen, but specifically planned it as part of his grand scheme for humanity? How would that effect your love for God and your trust in him? I am extremely curious to know.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
RE: If God sent your child to Hell.
Theists rejoice in the suffering their god inflicts upon the unworthy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
heck, birthing and raising a damned child might be enough to get the folks damned too. God IS touchy afterall, and there is that unto the 7th generation shit.

I'm calling BS on the topic.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Answers from theists only! Begone, ye heathens *wildly swings broom around* Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Oops, sorry.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

No one is sent to hell for non-belief in my view. People are sent to hell only when they are unjust and evil, and that yes disbelieving in clear proofs of guidance while knowing inwardly it's true, makes you unjust.  This doesn't mean if you recite Quran and are unconvinced by it, all of a sudden you disbelieved it's miracles and signs. It's only when you are aware of it's signs and you know it's true inwardly, that disbelief in it is condemned. 

All good people will go to heaven and all evil people will go to hell. 

If someone hates guidance from his Lord so bad that he denies it while knowing it's true, his heart is dark, and I would not want anything to do with him even if he was my son.
It's a very good point.

If I really believed any of this stuff, no way would I have children. No way! If there was the tiniest risk of them ending up being tortured forever, it would be inconceivable.

As it happens, I'm not having children anyway, but that's beside the point. I don't know how anyone who believes this stuff could bring children into that situation.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:All good people will go to heaven and all evil people will go to hell.

yeah, and if they are real bad they get to spend some time in Saudi Fucking Arabia, first!
(April 14, 2015 at 11:48 pm)Iroscato Wrote: My question is...what would theists think of the God who not only let this happen, but specifically planned it as part of his grand scheme for humanity? How would that effect your love for God and your trust in him? I am extremely curious to know.

Godchild answered that one in a similar discussion some time ago. According to him there's some divine lobotomy or brain amputation in stock for those who go to heaven. They will only have happy feelings and therefore not even remember their child. At least that's what I got from his reply back then.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 15, 2015 at 12:58 am)MysticKnight Wrote: No one is sent to hell for non-belief in my view. People are sent to hell only when they are unjust and evil, and that yes disbelieving in clear proofs of guidance while knowing inwardly it's true, makes you unjust.  This doesn't mean if you recite Quran and are unconvinced by it, all of a sudden you disbelieved it's miracles and signs. It's only when you are aware of it's signs and you know it's true inwardly, that disbelief in it is condemned. 

All good people will go to heaven and all evil people will go to hell. 

If someone hates guidance from his Lord so bad that he denies it while knowing it's true, his heart is dark, and I would not want anything to do with him even if he was my son.

Huh.

Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. 4:56

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what age should a child be introduced to religion? Fake Messiah 82 5555 July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  How do christens justify child molestation? AngryAtheist666 47 3707 February 15, 2021 at 5:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 895 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11405 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How to raise a child as an atheist Alexmahone 13 2292 January 1, 2018 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2275 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  If your child... TrueChristian 38 6085 February 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: comet
  What Can Atheists Do for This Child? Rhondazvous 2 1401 November 12, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Silly things you misunderstood about religion as a child Cecelia 51 12872 September 17, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Does God know what hell feels like? Psychonaut 20 6279 August 16, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Whateverist