Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who like emulation and retrogaming
I like emulation and retrogaming because there are many old video games that are fun or / and technically good. Also I like to discover games from the past because I can discover outdated technologies.

What is emulation (in this context) ? : This is the possibility to run a video game that was made for another hardware than your.
Example : You can play to games that was made for MegaDrive (Genesis in North America) with a PC under Windows 7.
An article from Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game...e_emulator

What is retrogaming ? : This is simple to understand if you analyse the first part of this word. Retro means old or ancient. Retro + gaming = play to oldies games.

For those who are attract by the subject. Can you say me what are yours favourite old games ?

Some games that I like by alphabetical order (P: = Publisher , D: = Developer , Y: Year of release , pTonguelatform) :
1.Bio menace (P: Apogee Software , D: Apogee Software , Y: 1993 , p: MS-DOS)
2.Streets of rage (P: Sega , D: Sega , Y: 1991 , p: MegaDrive (Genesis))
3.Streets of rage 2 (P: Sega , D: Sega , Ancient Y: 1992 or 1993 p: Sega Master System)

PS : Don't post ROM and ISO there because ROM sharing and ISO sharing is illegal in many countries.
RE: For those who like emulation and retrogaming
Hey, I played those games you call now "retro". They were awesome. I was already mass murdering zygotes when sega genesis came in Panic
I don't have to retro-game. I played them all when they were new!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I emulate game systems and PS2
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Shinobi!

I used to play it in the arcade when I was a kid. One of the best games of all time, I can still play it now and enjoy it which can't be said of too many games of that era. I even got it on xbox live, they changed the colour of the spider-men dudes.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I have an x-arcade that I use with a widescreen monitor on a table that you stand up to use (feels more authentic). A fairly recent mame build with 8000 or so roms.[Image: bba35817b8070756feff6d4579f4e35b.jpg]

I added a 'spinner' to the x-arcade for breakout games. This piece of kit is well recommended, especially for 2 player arcade games.

The roms with the most playtime on mine are Galaxians, Moon Cresta, Robotron, Arkanoid, Pacman. Scramble is probably my favourite though, I only ever managed to blow up the final base after buying the x-arcade (some 35 years on and off since the game first appeared).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramble_%28video_game%29

There are hundreds of roms I've not yet tried and still keep finding obscure interesting stuff in the collection.
Ok, that thing definitely looks interesting. But what the hell exactly is it?
From what I can gather, it's basically just a controller you can plug into your computer, right? Or does it actually run stuff on its own?

I'm almost afraid to know, because if it's something I can use I'll be wasting even more hours on Centipede now than I did in the 80s.  Tongue
Not 'just' a controller. It is a controller, but it replicates the feel of an arcade cabinet perfectly. It's big and heavy and the sticks and buttons are arcade quality and make retro gaming heaven. Basically, if you don't have the space or inclination to build an arcade cabinet then this is a solution. I have a monitor in the conservatory and plug this in when like minded friends visit or the kids fancy a blast.

http://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcad...b-included

If you like centipede then you would have to go for this tankstick version. I have a seperate trackball for those games but I should have got it built in really. The centre controller on mine is an arcade spec spinner I fitted to use with breakout games.

I love it. You can hammer the thing rotten and it doesn't flinch. The switches are user serviceable so if you do manage to break one you can replace it easily.

Get a copy of mame, some booming speakers and you're sorted.
Does playing Fate Of Atlantis on scummvm count? Because I fucking love that game.

Alas, I also played it when it was new...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You all seem to be committing the "not talking about Shinobi" fallacy.

It's weird how the original was absolute golden, but none of the sequels or even the eventual 3D versions of it were anywhere near as good.

I still often lose a life first time round to that stupid Mandara git. For some reason his spinners are easier to kill on the subsequent tries. The last boss... is a bastard, I can usually sort him but occasionally he pulls some shenanigans with his final form.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For those who like MMORPGs Foxaèr 4 440 April 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Retro game emulation on surprising devices. Mechaghostman2 16 2272 February 28, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  GIRP for those that thought QWOP was too easy. Rhizomorph13 4 2597 April 4, 2011 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist