Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard this before?
Has anyone heard this before?
"Hell is the center of the Earth"
So when I was on Youtube this video came up in my recommendations. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjVe_n_EI58

Whenever I try and research his claims like that in geometry the abyss or bottomless pit is the center of a sphere, I cant find anything on it.

This is a new argument/claim to me. As of now I have no way of debunking it due to lack of expirence with it. Do you guys know how to debunk it?
RE: Has anyone heard this before?
Ancient christians thought heaven was literally in the clouds, so I don't see why they wouldn't think hell was beneath the earth. Not that a molten core proves hell exists, unless we can go down there and find demons.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Even the incandescent molten iron at the earth's core is insufficiently hot to infinitely torment the damned for eternity.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But, but... If this is scientific proof, how can the earth be scientifically be proven to be flat then????
He points out a few really vague quotes to confirm what he had set out to prove as true, and then proceeds with a load of fear mongering to drive home what is really terrible evidence even by biblical standards.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(March 30, 2016 at 9:21 am)GeneralDog Wrote: This is a new argument/claim to me. As of now I have no way of debunking it due to lack of expirence with it. Do you guys know how to debunk it?

One of the oldest believes, actually. Much older than christianity. The Greeks believed in caves being the entrance to the underworld. They had no concept of heaven or hell, but they believed it to be the realm of the dead. And all through the Middle Ages, people believed smoke rising up from cracks in the ground to be emanations of hell.

So, common superstitions, several thousands of years old.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
He seems to be saying god made Hell to prove he was clever, that he could do stuff, and he knew stuff. He did the most evil thing imaginable, as a form of indirect evidence.

Well, even if that made any sense at all, that would be diabolically disgusting to worship something that would do that. How about just having a chat?

Yeah, there's a centre of the earth and it's hot. That doesn't mean it's also Hell, just because of some vague description in the bible about hot places.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
He also seems to be saying anyone that knows more than us is god. Does that make advanced aliens god as well?

This guy has low standards.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Guy seems pretty relaxed considering HELL IS IN THE SKY!
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(March 30, 2016 at 10:36 am)robvalue Wrote: He seems to be saying god made Hell to prove he was clever, that he could do stuff, and he knew stuff. He did the most evil thing imaginable, as a form of indirect evidence.

Well, even if that made any sense at all, that would be diabolically disgusting to worship something that would do that. How about just having a chat?

Yeah, there's a centre of the earth and it's hot. That doesn't mean it's also Hell, just because of some vague description in the bible about hot places.

God kind of sounds a lot like Donald Trump in this description lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A prayer before dinner Denverguy 48 6557 October 1, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4138 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Before I was born... Jehanne 12 1746 June 26, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14852 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Have you Heathens heard the Good News? The Valkyrie 71 11519 January 26, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2510 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Closing statements before leaving again for semester. Mystic 31 3862 January 6, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5443 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? Phosphorescent Panties 83 14281 April 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Long before Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris...... Brian37 3 1739 March 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger