Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty little devils....
Dirty little devils....
Benjamin Radford is deputy editor of Skeptical Inquirer magazine and author of six books including "Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How to Solve Unexplained Mysteries." His website is http://www.BenjaminRadford.com.

"The Vatican first issued official guidelines on exorcism in 1614, and revised them in 1999. According to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, signs of demonic possession include superhuman strength, aversion to holy water, and the ability to speak in unknown languages. Other potential signs of demonic possession include spitting, cursing, and "excessive masturbation."

Along with a handful of Vatican-sanctioned exorcists, there are hundreds of self-styled exorcists around the world. After attending 50 exorcisms during research for his book, Michael Cuneo states that he never saw anything supernatural or unexplainable: No levitation or spinning heads or demonic scratch marks suddenly appearing on anyone's faces, but many emotionally troubled people on both sides of the ritual."

"Excessive masturbation?"
Can the church please quantify this statement for us? we wouldn't want to be out of place with what is acceptable by the clergy in general....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Dirty little devils....
(May 7, 2015 at 7:30 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Other potential signs of demonic possession include spitting, cursing, and "excessive masturbation."

I guess I would have qualified perfectly for demon possession on more than one count in my teens.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:aversion to holy water

That's me. 

[Image: f936fbfce88f312499b6a7df849f5660.jpg]
Hey! I haven't seen you since around the time I joined. Glad to have you back.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hey man, never left ....
I poke my head in every now and again.

Haven't been around much by recommendation from my doctor.
He says I am suffering from "TARD".
"TIRED ARGUING RELIGIOUS DICKHEADS"

Now I've aquired a zero tolerance  for BS so won't be contributing much.

BTW, I watched "The Atticus Institute" last night which inspired me to look it up.
Turns out it's just all made up.
It had me for 5 seconds with the clever mocumentary concept and grainy 70's film quality.
Worth watching though.

Cheers from freezing Melbourne!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
How much masturbation is excessive?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
We could try some experiments. Take data, record responses . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 7, 2015 at 9:09 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: How much masturbation is excessive?

If your penis falls off from masturbation, it is excessive.  As long as you don't hurt yourself, you are good.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little by little Owlix 10 2152 November 7, 2013 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dirty Ducks frankiej 5 1107 October 9, 2011 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Too little salt more deadly than too much... theVOID 14 4964 May 10, 2011 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Just A Little Something To Piss Off Creationist Morons Minimalist 47 14279 May 6, 2011 at 4:26 am
Last Post: Napoléon