Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just A Little Something To Piss Off Creationist Morons
Just A Little Something To Piss Off Creationist Morons
Not that it takes much but mention the name "Darwin" and it usually does the trick!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/pred-nf.html

Quote:Ahead of his time is putting it moderately for Charles Darwin. The father of evolution had conjectures that were only proved, or greatly substantiated, decades after his death in 1882, in some cases not until recently. Today, evidence that unequivocally supports his theory of evolution by natural selection, along with other surmises he had, comes from an array of scientific disciplines.

[Image: shitstirrer.gif]
RE: Just A Little Something To Piss Off Creationist Morons
most of those fundies won't even read past the first two sentences. You can't teach those unwilling to learn.
[Image: Evolution.png]

It is an interesting thing about the idea of evolution. Each new part that each animal creates for itself does not know in advance that it is even needed at all, much less be connected completly with billions of cells organizing themselves into order to produce something that the animal doesn't even know that it needs. Then when this item magically appears, it fits perfectly into the structure of the animal with full function and beauty. Oh, were not done yet. This new apparatus has just learned how to reproduce itself so that more of these accidental occurances can happen. Wow! And you atheists were telling me about preaching insane concepts. Trying to get me to believe that there was accidental organized creation. Want to carry the absurd any further? I love to talk on this subject.
Quote:I love to talk on this subject.

Then learn that it is not "magic" and there is no fucking god.

You are demonstrating adherence to the Argument from Incredulity which, were I in a less polite mood, I would characterize as someone being too stupid to understand what is going on.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity

Quote:he argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy that essentially relies on a lack of imagination in the audience.

As an example, creationists incessantly use some difficult-to-explain facet of biology as "proof" of a creator. The problem is that, though there is no non-design explanation for how precisely a certain organ could have evolved at the moment, one may be discovered in the future. Contrary to the instincts of many creationists, lack of an explanation does not justify confecting whatever explanation one would prefer. The inexplicable is just that, and does not justify speculation as proof.

Sometimes creationists compute the astronomical odds against a molecule having a certain structure from the simple probability of n atoms arranging themselves so. They gloss over the fact that chemical laws trim most of the extraneous possibilities away. For instance, there are many ways to theoretically arrange hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms in a molecule, but in reality, most of what forms is H2O.

Another form, the argument from personal incredulity, takes the form "I can't believe P, therefore not-P." Merely because one cannot believe that, for example, homeopathy is no more than a placebo does not magically make such treatment effective. Clinical trials are deliberately designed in such a way that an individual personal experience is not important compared to data in aggregate. Human beings have extremely advanced pattern recognition skills, to the extent that they are objectively poor judges of probability.

Rationalwiki is overly polite!

Did I say that it was impossible to BELIEVE in evolution? Of couse not . You are entitled to your faith in something as irrational as evolution. I hold to the belief that conscious intervention controlled the application of new body parts in an organism. Your belief holds that no intervention of any kind was involved, correct. Seems like a battle over beliefs to me. Whoi says that atheists are rational?
Darwin was a fucking GENIUS. A legend of his own time. I have great amounts of respect for him.
(May 4, 2011 at 9:39 pm)RDK Wrote: Did I say that it was impossible to BELIEVE in evolution? Of couse not . You are entitled to your faith in something as irrational as evolution. I hold to the belief that conscious intervention controlled the application of new body parts in an organism. Your belief holds that no intervention of any kind was involved, correct. Seems like a battle over beliefs to me. Whoi says that atheists are rational?

Holy CRAP!!!1!1!!

RDK actually makes a post that doesnt look like a "preach bot".

Keep it up RDK, and maybe I will take you seriously in the future.
Clap
Let's get a little more involved with this eroneous concept that got started from a man who noted the ADAPTATION of animals to their environment, not the spontaneous creation of new ones out of nothing at all. It's an amazing thing about body parts. All of the subsystems have to work correctly the first time in order for them to work at all. This is especially difficult when you try to reason out the first attempt of an animal to reproduce itself. Any errors at all would have resulted in the extermination of that race. Once something is gone ,you do not get another try. Yet, supposedly, this is the very mechanism that you rely upon for the propogation of species. Let's get more fundamental. All of the individual microscopic parts have to work right the first time. Any anomilies of what ever and the organism malfunctions. If only one minor problem occured in the reproductive system of any animal, thatsystem would not function to replicate the animal. All it takes is one malfunction in some new animal and his lineage ceases.
..apparently I spoke to soon about RDK.

Bla
(May 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm)RDK Wrote: Let's get a little more involved with this eroneous concept that got started from a man who noted the ADAPTATION of animals to their environment, not the spontaneous creation of new ones out of nothing at all. It's an amazing thing about body parts. All of the subsystems have to work correctly the first time in order for them to work at all. This is especially difficult when you try to reason out the first attempt of an animal to reproduce itself. Any errors at all would have resulted in the extermination of that race. Once something is gone ,you do not get another try. Yet, supposedly, this is the very mechanism that you rely upon for the propogation of species. Let's get more fundamental. All of the individual microscopic parts have to work right the first time. Any anomilies of what ever and the organism malfunctions. If only one minor problem occured in the reproductive system of any animal, thatsystem would not function to replicate the animal. All it takes is one malfunction in some new animal and his lineage ceases.

What source are you referencing when you say, "All of the subsystems have to work correctly the first time in order for them to work at all." ?
Because "faulty" and "flawed" organisms are running rampant on this planet. Also, the process of evolution does not happen overnight. It's called gradual adaptation and it takes millions of years.
[Image: Evolution.png]

You are wasting your time Cain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1016 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
Video Rebuttal To Creationist Peanut Butter Argument QuackeryDetection 2 447 May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1598 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Something new about Alzheimers. brewer 7 940 July 3, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys Minimalist 2 1032 May 12, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let's Piss Off Some YECs Minimalist 3 599 August 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Something light hearted to distract from depressing shit in France. Whateverist 14 2310 November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  This Will Piss Off The Religitards Minimalist 1 690 July 6, 2015 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4213 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  Dirty little devils.... ignoramus 7 1443 May 7, 2015 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho