Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change or Exchange?
Change or Exchange?
People like to talk about revolution, but revolution brings change and, truth be told, most Americans don't want change. They want exchange. Most Americans don't want to eliminate the system of haves and have-nots. They just want to be among the haves. Remember the so-called Occupy Wall Street a few years back, when  Americans thought they could have a revolution by popping in after work.

Neither was not protest will mean anything to the PTB. They will watch it all from their safe view from the sky.  The republicans may be assholes, but they're not the PTB. They're law makers and like Meyer Rothschild said "Gove me control over a nation's currency and I don't care who makes the laws." they don't care who the president is or who the next speaker of the house is going to be.

I did a little research and found that we have been in a recession or a depression for almost one third the time we've been a nation starting with the Panic of 1797. . Now that we are no longer a nation of producers but a nation of consumers, we have reached the point where most of us have become too addicted to material comfort to dream of making the sacrifices necessary to true revolution.

so what would a revolution look like under these circumstances?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Change or Exchange?
(May 7, 2015 at 7:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Most Americans don't want to eliminate the system of haves and have-nots. They just want to be among the haves.

Speaking about humanity at large, not only Americans. That's why no revolution in history actually worked. Some changed the system, but only to be rigged in favor of a different demographic.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Sadly we've got to make corruption illegal first.

Find the cure for Fundementia!
(May 7, 2015 at 7:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Now that we are no longer a nation of producers but a nation of consumers, we have reached the point where most of us have become too addicted to material comfort to dream of making the sacrifices necessary to true revolution.

Ouch! It's hard to argue with that.

I'm a tech guy who likes building things so I definitely concur. We need to get back to being producers if we want to regain our power. It was the industrial revolution that made America great and we will have to return to that if we don't want to get run over.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Quote:“It is the height of stupidity to claim that men who for a thousand years have had the power to berate us, to fleece us and to oppress us with impunity, will now agree, with good grace, to be our equals.”

Jean-Paul Marat
(May 7, 2015 at 9:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:“It is the height of stupidity to claim that men who for a thousand years have had the power to berate us, to fleece us and to oppress us with impunity, will now agree, with good grace, to be our equals.”

Jean-Paul Marat

allegedly  Hariet Tubman Wrote:I could have freed more slaves if I could have convinced them that they were slaves.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 1928 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1538 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atlas Journals: Saudi Arabia and the change 2018 WinterHold 6 996 July 21, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6082 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Dems Sell Out Dreamers, in exchange for.......? The Grand Nudger 33 5397 January 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Even if Climate Change was not real... NuclearEnergy 6 1309 April 19, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Sec. of Defense Says Climate Change is Real Minimalist 27 3694 March 15, 2017 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds Zenith 19 3422 March 7, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Bill Maher: Climate Change and Cruz Minimalist 0 842 February 6, 2016 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Change of position - All drugs should be legal Dystopia 60 6466 January 14, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: account_inactive