Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Tom Brady Suspended 4 games.

Cheatriots fined $1m.

Cheatriots lose 1st rounder in 2016, and 4th rounder in 2017.

Cheaters never prosper.

And the Steelers face Jimmy Garoppolo in week 1.

ROFLOL
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Still not enough punishment, IMO.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 11, 2015 at 6:29 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Still not enough punishment, IMO.

Totally agree. Especially since this is not the first time they were caught cheating. The NFL needs to be watching this team a lot closer for now on.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
It's a slap on the wrist. If it was in the regular season, sure, but this was the AFC championship game.

Roger Goodell needs to grow some balls.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
-he left em at the ticket booth, didn't he?...or is it in the merch storage?  No, wait, wait, they're on a lawyers desk in licensing......
(these particular cheaters -did- prosper)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think it's plenty.

4 games is a quarter of a season. It's the same as a PED suspension, which is appropriate seeing as this was gaining an edge much like PEDs.

$1 million is the maximum fine for an organization per the CBA. Consider this: the Atlanta Falcons got fined $350k for piping in crowd noise for two full seasons at their home games in a dome. This arguably had way more of an edge gained than 1 psi out of the ball.

A first round draft pick is HUGE. The fourth is not nothing, but losing a first round draft pick is major.

The reason the fine was as big as it was was for two reasons: 1) Tom Brady didn't cooperate at all with the investigation. He didn't turn over texts or emails. 2) The Patriots were told that if they were involved in any more cheating scandals, the fines would be large.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm a Colts fan. It's doubtful any punishment would be enough in my view.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I know. And, coincidentally enough, guess who the Cheatriots play the first week Tommy is back?

A million isn't anything to an organization like the Patriots.  Chump change.

A four game suspension I'm cool with.  Losing a first round draft pick I'm cool with as well.

Had the game been less than a blowout, I'd be pretty pissed.  However....

What I wanna know is what other skelleys are in Belichick's/Brady's closets, because you can bet they've done other sketchy things they didn't get caught at.
I'll just leave this here:
http://yourteamcheats.com/PIT

And run away. Big Grin
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue