Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the Line of Duty
In the Line of Duty
This thread is dedicated to those police officers who have given their lives in the line of duty protecting the communities they serve. 

Hattiesburg, Mississippi mourns the loss of two of its police officers after they were shot to death during a routine traffic stop.

Quote:Four suspects in custody after shooting deaths of two Mississippi police officers

A routine traffic stop in a small town in Mississippi turned deadly when two police officers were fatally shot late Saturday, according to news reports.

Officers Benjamin J. Deen, 34, and Liquori Tate, 24, of the Hattiesburg Police Department were rushed to a hospital but did not survive, Mayor Johnny DuPree told CNN.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...-officers/ 
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: In the Line of Duty
I agree it is a shame that they lost their lives.

Where was your post for the numerous times that cops did the killin' Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?
It is important to remember that not all cops are corrupt assholes that shoot people in the back as they run away, or hold a prisoner down and electrocute him to death with a tazer. Or any number of stories where cops murder people on camera, and the response is that if the (often black) guy had just been obedient, he probably wouldn't have died. 
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 12, 2015 at 5:31 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It is important to remember that not all cops are corrupt assholes that shoot people in the back as they run away, or hold a prisoner down and electrocute him to death with a tazer. Or any number of stories where cops murder people on camera, and the response is that if the (often black) guy had just been obedient, he probably wouldn't have died. 

Sure, it is important to remember that they are not all that way.  Some are really fine people, trying to do a good job.  But it is also important to remember that some are as you describe, and they typically get away with their crimes.

Also, you have to figure that it has been happening to a lot of people who were not on camera.  The ones on camera are just the tip of the iceberg.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm)polar bear Wrote: Where was your post for the numerous times that cops did the killin' Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?

(May 12, 2015 at 5:57 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Sure, it is important to remember that they are not all that way.  Some are really fine people, trying to do a good job.  But it is also important to remember that some are as you describe, and they typically get away with their crimes.

Yes, some cops are bad, but not all of us. If you want to see some examples of these 'bad cops', then check out Min's thread:
http://atheistforums.org/thread-19650.html

I actually want to thank you, A Theist, for making a thread about those that are actually doing their job correctly.
(May 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm)polar bear Wrote: Where was your post for the numerous times that cops did the killin' Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?

Probably the same place your posts were for the numerous times when police officers were being murdered in the line of duty. Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?

Besides, it's about time that police officers were recognized for their service and for their sacrifice other than having a "Fucking Cops"  thread made up about them.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
In the Line of Duty
(May 12, 2015 at 6:20 pm)Jericho Wrote: [quote='polar bear' pid='940490' dateline='1431464254']
Where was your post for the numerous times that cops did the killin' Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?

(May 12, 2015 at 5:57 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I actually want to thank you, A Theist, for making a thread about those that are actually doing their job correctly.

I don't think walking away dead was correct.
These two NYPD officers were targeted for assassination and murdered, 12/20/2014. In memory of, Officer Wenjian Liu, and Officer Rafael Ramos...

Quote:“No warning, no provocation — they were quite simply assassinated, targeted for their uniform,” Police Commissioner William Bratton said.

Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill in Bedford-Stuyvesant just before 3 p.m. when they were shot point-blank in the head by lone gunman Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, who had addresses in Georgia, Maryland and Brooklyn

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops...-brooklyn/

I actually was a military policeman when I was in the military.  As I said It was a shame.

My point is its a shame both ways and yet your only post is when the police gets killed.

Please note I have never posted on "fucking Cops" so take your fucking misquotes and shove them up your ass
(May 12, 2015 at 6:32 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(May 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm)polar bear Wrote: Where was your post for the numerous times that cops did the killin' Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?

Probably the same place your posts were for the numerous times when police officers were being murdered in the line of duty. Kinda silent on the home front for that weren't you?

Besides, it's about time that police officers were recognized for their service and for their sacrifice other than having a "Fucking Cops"  thread made up about them.

So you stand by the murdering fucks regardless, Adolf.  Why am I not surprised.

You are so typical of the fascist right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drumpf Rapidly Crossing the Line Between Minimalist 33 7567 January 3, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Bill Weld Lays It On The Line Minimalist 0 477 October 26, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In addition to the server, Hilary "abandoned secure line to use home phone" ReptilianPeon 57 5211 May 21, 2016 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2310 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14
  Bombs Go Off at Finish Line of Boston Marathon CleanShavenJesus 119 44630 April 20, 2013 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Thousand pastors using "Pulpit Freedom Sunday" to cross the line between church and state TaraJo 6 4546 September 26, 2012 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Jaysyn