Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petty?
Petty?
So I just found this, and tbh it made me laugh

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/gay-co...48951.html

Sorry but to me that's just petty. Maybe I'm not easily offended (I mean even the comments are amusing me rather than offending me). I honestly can't see why this is such an issue that they went out of their way to get this road name changed. You just doing too much.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Petty?
Some people walk around looking to be "offended."

Fuck 'em.
Petty. Unless the original meaning of the road was to Ban Gays. Or Bang Gays?

Named after a dead dude named Bangay. Stupid and should be summarily dismissed.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm offended by people who are offended all the time.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

There's plenty of Cock Lanes and Gropecunte Alleys in the country as well (in the latter case named for the exact reason you're thinking). It's called history. Some people seem to want everything sterilised.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
There's a Minge Lane in Worcestershire to, I died when I first heard about that

Plenty of roads called "Bell End" around as well
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

We've got a lane called Balls Hill just over the road from us, named after the man whose hill it was I believe. Much more enriching to learn about the history of these places than to have your knees jerking in all directions.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I just think it's kinda sad, that article

Yeah there's real nasty homophobia out there, I've been on the receiving end of it myself. You have to see the funny side in these small things though, it is amusing. Although that said it is an insult to the man the road was named after too, the gay couples' reaction I mean.

- Maryam Namazie

Pennsylvania is infamous for its goofy town names like Intercourse, Blueballs and Climax.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
omg "Climax"

I just got over laughing at "Minge Lane" to myself for 10 minutes, don't start me off again :')

- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All over the internet, Tom Petty dead at 66 Brian37 26 3918 January 19, 2018 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: c172
  Are we really this petty, it's only hair! brewer 42 5798 April 10, 2016 at 7:43 am
Last Post: account_inactive