Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "classic" counterfiet coin puzzle
The "classic" counterfiet coin puzzle

The basic puzzle had 12 coins, one of which differed in weight from the others, - to be found using a two pan balance just three times. Most solutions utilized labeling of some kind. For that reason I suggest the puzzle be expanded to a point whereby it is not practical to label them - such as 120 coins / five weighings. this version is only two steps longer, and still very simple to solve mentally (without paper and pencil)
jvwert@jwert
.com
RE: The "classic" counterfiet coin puzzle
Phhbbbtt... I need a pencil and paper to add 4+8. Sad
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Forget it! Very disappointing for a site I thought was for intelligent memgers.

Jack Wert [email protected]
I guess our memgers just aren't up to your standberds.
(June 11, 2010 at 7:24 pm)jvwert Wrote: Forget it! Very disappointing for a site I thought was for intelligent memgers.

I'm not saying that there aren't many intelligent members here, but why would you think that this forum was for intelligent people only? I hate to say it, but being an atheist doesn't make a person intelligent and as far as I know, this is atheistforums.org, not intelligentmemgers.org
And why would you think intelligent people would waste their time doing math homework?
(June 11, 2010 at 7:24 pm)jvwert Wrote: Forget it! Very disappointing for a site I thought was for intelligent memgers.

Soooo...Why are you still here ?
[Image: pPQu8.png]

What the hell are you on about????
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm)jvwert Wrote:
The basic puzzle had 12 coins, one of which differed in weight from the others, - to be found using a two pan balance just three times. Most solutions utilized labeling of some kind. For that reason I suggest the puzzle be expanded to a point whereby it is not practical to label them - such as 120 coins / five weighings. this version is only two steps longer, and still very simple to solve mentally (without paper and pencil)
jvwert@jwert
.com

Go argue with the originator of the puzzle numb nut!!

Der!!!...I thought you were "intelligent??"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm)jvwert Wrote: The basic puzzle had 12 coins, one of which differed in weight from the others, - to be found using a two pan balance just three times. Most solutions utilized labeling of some kind.

Why would anyone label, this has a very simple solution, one you don't even need a pencil or paper!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unfair Coin Flip Tiberius 103 9788 September 30, 2017 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Loan Interest Payment Puzzle / Question Tiberius 34 6782 May 5, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  [3 Switch 3 Bulb] Puzzle ErGingerbreadMandude 15 4795 July 9, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Tricky Number Sequence Puzzle GrandizerII 16 6025 January 20, 2015 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Blue Eyes - "The Hardest Logic Puzzle in the World" Tiberius 3 6531 March 30, 2011 at 5:34 am
Last Post: theVOID
  The 12 Coins Puzzle Tiberius 25 15349 December 13, 2010 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Alston
  number puzzle 1-8 aufis 5 12927 April 24, 2010 at 6:44 am
Last Post: aufis
  Coin Flipping Poll Tiberius 15 5149 April 19, 2010 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Violet