Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Fleas, why I hate that show!
X-Fleas, why I hate that show!
Ok yea I meant X-Files, but still. Some TV shows that are fantasy I don't mind when I see most people accept it as just that, entertainment. But that was one show I fucking hated because I literally had friends who sat and watched it and said "How do you know, it could be true". There were/are morons who took that show as a documentary instead of mere entertainment. But since Hollywood is running out of new ideas, those assholes are going revive that fucking mind rot of a show.

So if it is not clear to those reading this. I HATED THAT FUCKING SHOW!
RE: X-Fleas, why I hate that show!
yeah, but the music is up there with Doctor who!
It Rocks!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yeah, you hated it. Boo-hoo. I loved it and I eagerly await the new six episode mini-series.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sounds as if you should hate your moronic friends, not the show.
I don't think I'm alone in taking enjoyment entertaining the idea that such things may be true, in the context of the series. The thought of getting a sneak peek behind the curtain is an enthralling one; we would all like to be on the inside, gaining access to secret knowledge not available even to presidents. But perhaps I am alone in being able to switch back to reality once the credits roll.

It actually could have been a lot worse; in a case of early instalment weirdness, the pilot episode opened with the "based on a true story" gimmick, thankfully dropped for the series proper.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 30, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Stimbo Wrote: But perhaps I am alone in being able to switch back to reality once the credits roll.

Definitely not. I never saw a single episode myself but I had a roommate who loved it. He described what it was about and I asked if it was a documentary but he said it was fiction. This says a lot coming from this guy because he always used to try to convince me that the government was keeping frozen aliens at Area 51 from the Roswell crash.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Whenever I read Demon Haunted World, and get to the part where Sagan whines about the X-Files, I get near fatal eye rolling. Seriously, people.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I only watched it half-heartedly, I could not really get into it because of my skeptical eye. It is funny how when one was a kid you ate shows like The Night Stalker up like it was cotton candy but when you get older, at least to me anyway, shows like the X-files just don't thrill me as much.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
I don't know, I enjoyed the show despite being a skeptic.  At least it was until it really jumped the shark.
I liked it off and on, but I tend not to like sequels/remakes/whatever.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A President Show Documentary: The Fall of Donald Trump Fake Messiah 0 330 October 18, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why theists really hate Harry Potter Foxaèr 49 2851 October 17, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Netflix Show-- Maniac bennyboy 2 259 September 24, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Joss Whedon's new show Foxaèr 13 1284 July 16, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Favorite old Cartoon Network show? ƵenKlassen 1 416 November 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Alexmahone
  Favorite old Nickelodeon show? ƵenKlassen 22 1872 November 25, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pull the spindle out of his butt, shove it in his mouth, and cancel his TV show ! vorlon13 7 854 April 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watched a great show & NDE Foxaèr 2 594 January 28, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 818 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 25686 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive