Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Muslim on importance of blasphemy
X-Muslim on importance of blasphemy
This is a must watch video for everyone. When people attack the likes of Harris or Mahar they ignore the truth of what they are doing, and it is not the same "hate" those on the left falsely call bigotry. It is hate of tyranny and violence in the name of religion. So if you wont listen to them  then listen to her, on top of Ayaan Hirsi Ali whom would support this lady, and if alive to day so would Jefferson and Paine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1440&v=0plC24YuoJk
RE: X-Muslim on importance of blasphemy
I've only watched half of the video (I like to listen to speakers like this while I'm driving to and from work so I'll probably finish the second half today) but it is very powerful indeed. I hope she inspires more former Muslims to speak out and for liberals to attain the clarity they so often lack.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Excellent video, thanks for posting.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I first heard Ms Haider on Openly Secular. She is very interesting to listen to.
The video is good.  But still there are many rightwing nutjobs who are ready to round up all of the "towel heads" and have them sent to concentration camps.  So there is a legitimate concern about bigoted reactions to people who are muslims.

In case anyone is confused about my opinion, I think Islam is a primitive, superstitious bit of nonsense.  Like all other religions.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
She says everything I'm thinking on this issue but words it in a better way than I ever could.

A total scalping of these left faux-liberals who have one standard for Christianity and another for Islam. She takes down pretty much every argument they insist on using amazingly.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

It's amazing how language adapts, anyone notice where she was talking about how some called her a "house Arab".

I tell you what, I could have used the likes of her, or Ayaan back in high school when the jocks were bullying me. Unlike far too many men, I really don't give one shit who protects me. No I am not talking about a physical fight, but they would not strike me as putting up with that kind of crap.
She probably gets loads of snarky remarks claiming that she was never a "real Muhummadan" or never a experienced the "true version of the religion". To be clear though, it's usually the right that supports religious Fascism. When the Communists were in government in Afghanistan, for example, they let women have an education, send a man into space and strove against the Jihadis (which Ronald Regan and Margret Thatcher supported). Her experience seems to be an exception because the left generally supports Secularism.

Good video on the subject:
"Is it the Left that fails to oppose Islamism, or Rightwing Imperialists?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2U0jnHIfko

(June 2, 2015 at 4:57 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: She probably gets loads of snarky remarks claiming that she was never a "real Muhummadan" or never a experienced the "true version of the religion". To be clear though, it's usually the right that supports religious Fascism. When the Communists were in government in Afghanistan, for example, they let women have an education, send a man into space and strove against the Jihadis (which Ronald Regan and Margret Thatcher supported). Her experience seems to be an exception because the left generally supports Secularism.

Good video on the subject:
"Is it the Left that fails to oppose Islamism, or Rightwing Imperialists?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2U0jnHIfko

I don't think it is either or. I think the right does it for greed and the left does it out of political correctness.
I an honestly say I would not have an ounce of her bravery if I lived there. Far more even than most men in  that country, otherwise it would not be a fascist theocracy. It is easy to talk about mental and physical bravery when you are not directly in the moment. But I am most certainly glad there are those in our species who take that risk to make humanity more civil.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic...lus-years/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5258 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2289 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1248 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The issue of Blasphemy in Islam Leonardo17 46 3571 October 8, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1339 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4734 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal Duty 9 890 February 13, 2022 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3890 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pakistani academic Junaid Hafeez has just been sentenced to death on blasphemy charge Fake Messiah 2 773 December 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 779 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37