Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal
Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60368498

Quote:A mob has killed a man for allegedly burning pages of the Koran in central Pakistan, police say, in the latest case of blasphemy-related violence in the country.

Police say more than 80 people have been arrested in connection with the killing on Saturday in the district of Khanewal in Punjab province. Reports said the man was in police custody before a crowd snatched him.
His body was handed over to his family and a funeral held on Sunday.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said the case would be "dealt with the full severity of the law" and asked for a report on police officers accused of failing their duty to save the man.
His government, he said, had "zero tolerance for anyone taking the law into their own hands".

Partition was a bad idea IMO...maybe necessary in that time however.
RE: Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal
Must be a poor kind of religion that gets upset about burning some paper
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(February 13, 2022 at 2:50 pm)Lawz Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60368498

Quote:A mob has killed a man for allegedly burning pages of the Koran in central Pakistan, police say, in the latest case of blasphemy-related violence in the country.

Police say more than 80 people have been arrested in connection with the killing on Saturday in the district of Khanewal in Punjab province. Reports said the man was in police custody before a crowd snatched him.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said the case would be "dealt with the full severity of the law" and asked for a report on police officers accused of failing their duty to save the man.
His government, he said, had "zero tolerance for anyone taking the law into their own hands".

It’ll be interesting to see how ‘dealt with the full severity of the law’ plays out, seeing as how Pakistan is a both a de jure Islamic state and a de facto military state.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Islam = men being afraid their wives will be polygamous, as they/those men are. Open case, shut case.
Blasphemy: the victimless "crime".
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 13, 2022 at 2:50 pm)Lawz Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60368498

Lets not forget women and girls in Salem Mass were murdered by Christian assholes. And look at what our right wing is doing today, burning books and trying to get them banned.
(February 13, 2022 at 5:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Lets not forget women and girls in Salem Mass were murdered by Christian assholes. And look at what our right wing is doing today, burning books and trying to get them banned.

There’s a difference. The Salem ‘witches’ were actually given trials, the great majority of which resulted in acquittals. Whereas killing blasphemers via mob violence is part and parcel of Islamic culture.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

‘If she weighs the same as a duck, she’s a witch!’

Boru
"I got better!"
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The issue of Blasphemy in Islam Leonardo17 46 3535 October 8, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Pakistani academic Junaid Hafeez has just been sentenced to death on blasphemy charge Fake Messiah 2 763 December 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pakistan Islam council proposes wife beating TubbyTubby 11 1801 June 1, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Scottish shopkeeper killed for wishing people 'Happy Easter' ReptilianPeon 7 1969 March 29, 2016 at 5:16 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Did you know why king Faisal of Saudi was killed 1975? ReptilianPeon 4 2129 March 5, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  X-Muslim on importance of blasphemy Brian37 12 3757 June 7, 2015 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Women stoned to death in Pakistan outside courtroom Fidel_Castronaut 56 12170 June 7, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pakistan library named after Osama Bin Laden Foxaèr 10 2740 April 19, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Briton in Pakistan sentenced to death for Blasphemy downbeatplumb 34 8963 January 27, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Killing of apostates in Pakistan and attacks on Free-thinkers Free Thinker 3 2132 May 15, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37