Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manipulation
Manipulation
Why do many people allow everyone except Christians to manipulate them? By that I don't mean physically, but having power over them.
RE: Manipulation
Personally, I don't let anyone manipulate me. In order to do that, they have to be covert enough about it to get away with it. Christians are not typically good at covert manipulation, which means we see through the attempt and easily resist it.
Many people have been manipulated by Christians, some just aren't. It really isn't a big deal.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Power is a tool everyone tries to use if they get the chance. Christianity has been abused by the powerful more than almost anything else you could think of. Currently the powerful don't need it to control the masses. Now we have capitalism to do that.
(April 13, 2010 at 3:20 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Power is a tool everyone tries to use if they get the chance. Christianity has been abused by the powerful more than almost anything else you could think of. Currently the powerful don't need it to control the masses. Now we have capitalism to do that.

Capitalism makes people powerful.
'facilitates' then Tongue
Christians can be manipulative too you know. For people in general can be, and Christians are people, are they not?

EvF
Abso-diddly-lutely

I thinks we're all acutely deluded - we're here focussing on the flaws and evils of religion whilst getting butt fucked by politicians. I'm moving to another forum... Big Grin
(April 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Abso-diddly-lutely

I thinks we're all acutely deluded - we're here focussing on the flaws and evils of religion whilst getting butt fucked by politicians. I'm moving to another forum... Big Grin

There of course can be positives. But in most cases I'd say religions do more harm than they do good... Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 13, 2010 at 2:26 pm)Sherry Wrote: Why do many people allow everyone except Christians to manipulate them? By that I don't mean physically, but having power over them.

Maybe it's just me, but this question makes no sense. I just don't know anybody who lets loads of people manipulate them, but specifically excludes Christians from this weakness.

Are you confused as to why some people won't let Christians have power over them? I mean, many of us don't let anybody who seems a little nuts have control over us. Makes sense, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Question On Manipulation for the Religious LivingNumbers6.626 24 4331 July 22, 2016 at 10:15 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christianity, Divisions, Fear Manipulation, and Post Modernist Theories Michael Schubert 46 18759 July 17, 2013 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist