Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stump the Christian?
Stump the Christian?
How can I corner, of course with my words, Christians and make them feel they have no choice but admit to rethinking their position or part of their positions when it comes to the bible or their god? I usually go fishing online at conservative news sites like Breitbart News Network. I'll click on a story or headline, look down at the comments and either look for key words that Christians use or post a stimulating comment, which they would of course feel the need to correct me or defend their so called faith. Is there any tools or creative weapons of reason and logic that I can use to stump them?
RE: Stump the Christian?
(June 7, 2015 at 8:33 am)Britney blue Wrote: [...] Is there any tools or creative weapons of reason and logic that I can use to stump them?

Use words that are more than 3 syllables long. 

It's not difficult to stump religious people. It's getting them to notice they've been stumped that's the trick. 
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
There is no guaranteed way to make someone consider changing their mind, obviously. Reasons for believing in god are often emotional, not logical.

Why would you want to 'stump' anybody?
Make them justify their practice of scripture cherry picking.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Beat me to it, Neimenovic. If only it were that simple; we could wipe out religion in a month.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(June 7, 2015 at 8:38 am)Neimenovic Wrote: There is no guaranteed way to make someone consider changing their mind, obviously. Reasons for believing in god are often emotional, not logical.

Why would you want to 'stump' anybody?

People tend to make decisions based on what they believe. Voting for a politician to office for faith based reasons is not wise and effects almost all of us. And for other obvious reasons too I have an interest in getting people to think about why we believe what we believe. So making Christians think twice about how and where they get answers from can be fun, but I'm not mean unless they're mean to me first, and even then I'll give them more than one chance to be nice.
Ask them why they would be Muslim instead if they were born in a Muslim country. Statistically, almost all Christians would have been. So apparently the truth depends on where you are born.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 7, 2015 at 8:52 am)Britney blue Wrote: People tend to make decisions based on what they believe. Voting for a politician to office for faith based reasons is not wise and effects almost all of us. And for other obvious reasons too I have an interest in getting people to think about why we believe what we believe. So making Christians think twice about how and where they get answers from can be fun, but I'm not mean unless they're mean to me first, and even then I'll give them more than one chance to be nice.

Fair enough I guess

Like I said though, in most cases faith is based on feelings, not reason and getting people to analyze their emotions can be real tough, logical argumentation won't always work....if at all
Ask them why don't they follow the OT because jesus in the bible literally said he didn't come back to change anything.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
It is impossible to stump a christian, they are always willing to pull more bullshit out of their asses to justify their inane beliefs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88420 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7404 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6320 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej