Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile
Video 
Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile
The Agape For All Nations Church leader Walter Masocha has been found guilty on multiple counts of pedophilia and sexual assault, I guess this is officially a religious movement since they've got their very own pedophiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUprfnuHZtM
RE: Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile
It’s not rare for them to be nationally humiliated, but still, they take the risk, knowing they are putting their whole career and reputation on the line. They’re ready to flush everything down the shitter for something so temporary, and atrocious, to most of us of at least. Fucking dumb.

I don’t know, is there something to this? There are people, that I believe, that are naturally attracted to the same sex (which I find absolutely nothing wrong with, including sex and marriage), is this a natural occurrence in some people’s brains as well? Are some people just naturally attracted to younger people? Maybe.. People want to do things that make them happy, regardless of what most of us would consider (myself included), highly immoral. I’m sure some of them do it because it’s easier for them to take advantage of a younger person, and trick/lie to them to get them to do what they want. I don’t know if that’s the case in all of these scandals though. I’m sure there are many that are having sex with men and women their own age, but that isn’t too newsworthy. Actually, a priest with a man, would be newsworthy as well. It isn’t natural for the majority of mammals to be celibate or monogamous, so the church should change this teaching, but we all know, they won’t.

But, by today’s morality, people in general, believe that pedophilia is wrong. I’m sure, almost every single priest/pastor, think that it is wrong. If I had to guess, I’d say that it could be something in their religion. They believe that everything that they do will be forgiven if they repent or confess their sins to another priest. That could have something to do with it. I’m sure there are few out there, that think that this event is god’s will, and if god didn’t want it to happen, he’d stop it, just like how he would intervene quite often in the ‘good book’. Nothing is too farfetched for me to believe regarding a christian.

I share your outrage though; they are fucking assholes and are the scum of the earth, as far as I’m concerned, because most of them believe that it is wrong. Also, I'm sure many of them have seen how many children's lives have been completely fucked up from these events, and that still doesn't stop them. (In case some of you want to twist my words -->) To me, pedophilia is rape and/or equivalent to rape, and I only suggested that some people might naturally be attracted to younger people, I don't suggest that it is moral, to act on these possible natural impulses, because it will likely destroy the kid and the family's lives. The video was entertaining as always, nice job.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
It's said "agap-eh", it's a form of unconditional love according the Catholic Church.

That sentence is disgusting given his crimes though, you said it already but it can't be stressed enough.

I'm also tired of hearing this "reputation" argument being brought up to defend rape. No, fuck his "reputation". He traumatised some kids for life and we're more bothered about protecting his reputation? Fuck that.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(June 20, 2015 at 9:22 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: It’s not rare for them to be nationally humiliated, but still, they take the risk, knowing they are putting their whole career and reputation on the line. They’re ready to flush everything down the shitter for something so temporary, and atrocious, to most of us of at least. Fucking dumb.

I don’t know, is there something to this? There are people, that I believe, that are naturally attracted to the same sex (which I find absolutely nothing wrong with, including sex and marriage), is this a natural occurrence in some people’s brains as well? Are some people just naturally attracted to younger people? Maybe.. People want to do things that make them happy, regardless of what most of us would consider (myself included), highly immoral. I’m sure some of them do it because it’s easier for them to take advantage of a younger person, and trick/lie to them to get them to do what they want. I don’t know if that’s the case in all of these scandals though. I’m sure there are many that are having sex with men and women their own age, but that isn’t too newsworthy. Actually, a priest with a man, would be newsworthy as well. It isn’t natural for the majority of mammals to be celibate or monogamous, so the church should change this teaching, but we all know, they won’t.

But, by today’s morality, people in general, believe that pedophilia is wrong. I’m sure, almost every single priest/pastor, think that it is wrong. If I had to guess, I’d say that it could be something in their religion. They believe that everything that they do will be forgiven if they repent or confess their sins to another priest. That could have something to do with it. I’m sure there are few out there, that think that this event is god’s will, and if god didn’t want it to happen, he’d stop it, just like how he would intervene quite often in the ‘good book’. Nothing is too farfetched for me to believe regarding a christian.

I share your outrage though; they are fucking assholes and are the scum of the earth, as far as I’m concerned, because most of them believe that it is wrong. Also, I'm sure many of them have seen how many children's lives have been completely fucked up from these events, and that still doesn't stop them. (In case some of you want to twist my words -->) To me, pedophilia is rape and/or equivalent to rape, and I only suggested that some people might naturally be attracted to younger people, I don't suggest that it is moral, to act on these possible natural impulses, because it will likely destroy the kid and the family's lives. The video was entertaining as always, nice job.

I was discussing whether or not there is any sensible basis for pedophilia with someone in the comments.  As of right now I see no biological or evolutionary basis for someone to be sexually attracted to a child, it can't be a matter of wanting to reproduce because pedophiles are by definition attracted to those who have not started puberty and reached sexual maturity, I also doubt that its due to pure attraction because children don't poses any of the physical traits that most people would find attractive (large butts, perky breasts, toned bodies etc...) I also think if it truly is an attraction to the physical aspects that children posses that it wouldn't be too hard for these pedophiles to supplement their attraction with petite adults who are of age but have "jail bait bodies."  I also don't think its due to any relationship potential because they way an adult thinks and the way a child thinks are totally different but I might be biased here since I don't really like small children.  I have half a mind to start a thread/poll to find out if anyone on here can give a logical biological/evolutionary basis for pedophilia.
Well, first off, I'm no evolutionary biologist, but understand the basics of evolution. With what you have just mentioned, I'd have to agree on not seeing any evolutionary benefit, but I don’t think that means that this attraction might not exist in some people. Why would people be attracted to the same sex? With an argument you just used, you stated that there would be no evolutionary reason for someone to want to reproduce with a child, because they have not reached puberty or they don’t possess attractive, ‘more adult’ physical traits. I remember when I was in 3rd-5th grade, and was attracted to some of the girls without these features, and also, attracted to girls in their 20’s. Also, people have much more complex and imaginative thought processes when compared with other animals. Humans will fuck sex dolls, feet, raw ground beef, goats, horses, donkeys, and dogs for shit sakes. I don’t feel that that would be an evolutionary benefit. With regards to your large butts, perky breasts, toned bodies argument, I’d agree that probably a weak majority of people find those things sexually attractive, but many people like thicker women, fat women, small breasts, massive breasts, tall women, small women, older women, buff women, midgets, certain races, very skinny girls without those features, etc. Someone was showing me pictures of girls recently that they thought were the hottest girls on the planet, but I barely found any of them to be attractive. It just differs from person to person, but I agree, in general, that people are attracted to those traits more often than not.

I feel that some of these attractions, like many women liking tall guys, will breed taller people in the future, but that isn’t necessarily a benefit. Taller people are more prone to back problems, because a good posture is harder to maintain. From some studies that I have read, it seems we’re slowly breeding people with weaker immune systems in more developed areas of the world. It could be the habitual use of antibiotics, and our bodies are adapting to having them fight for us, with the consequence being, that our immune system doesn’t work as hard. I’m sure you know that certain bacteria has evolved to resist weaker forms of antibiotics that once worked to kill certain strains.

Humans are a crazy species. There once was a time where our brains revolved around, making tools, gathering food, and protecting our young. Now, brains seemed to have a evolved for the better in some ways and for the worse in other ways. People have made up insane fairy tales thousands of years ago, and the majority of people out there, actually believe in them still. I’m sure you’d agree, that that’s not a beneficial component of the survival of our species. I don’t know, I’m trying to think of a logical reason like you are, but can’t come up with one. I just like to say, that everyone is different, with a unique personality, and with a wide variety of attractions and interests.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
I just wanted to add that the language when discussing this subject is problematic. I've said this before but I think it's worth repeating.

The word pedophile refers to someone with the mental disorder of being attracted to young children. But it has so much stigma attached that it is often assumed that "a pedophile" has already committed abuse against children. This isn't a criticism of this discussion or the language used here at all, it's just my observation of the evolution of language. I think as a society we need to start differentiating between pedophile and "active pedophile" / "child abuser". It's got to the point where you have to qualify that someone hasn't abused kids.

I suppose this is the problem of "guilty until proven innocent" with language. We need healthy discussion about it without the taboo leading to people damning every pedophile as a criminal.

As for evolution and such, I have no fucking clue! How or why it happens, so to speak, is a mystery to me. I think it's still a very poorly understood condition even by those who study it.

And, of course, anyone who has acted on their pedophilic tendencies is absolute shit scum and I condemn them whole heartedly. But those who haven't, and have to live a life suppressing those urges, have my deepest sympathy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I agree 100% with you Rob, I think a major problem with stigmatizing this word that much in our society is that it can prevent these people from seeking help. I think this is a subject that should be studied and understood instead of criminalizing, otherwise instead of curing the problem we would only worsen it.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Thank you. It's like a much more extreme example of "coming out" gay. That can be hard enough, can you imagine someone "coming out" pedophilic to their friends and family?

Until society accepts this, we have a huge problem. People are far more likely to act on their urges I believe when they have to deal with it all alone.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
With the amount of breeding and the amount of possible mutations that have taken place, I doubt that every micro change of evolution is for the better. But, I agree, it does make sense for it to be a mental disorder. If that's the case, then they can't really be blamed, because it's not really their fault....right..? Do they belong in a mental institution (or at least psychiatric help first) for that one act if they don't show signs of any other mental disorders? I always thought that they should be in prison. It's an interesting subject, I'm open to listening to people about it, because I'm no expert.
Evolution does not exclusively produce beneficial variants.  With every generation, many variants may appear, most of which are likely to not be beneficial.  A species does not require every member to be successful in order for the species to continue.  Additionally, species do die out, so we can see that evolution is not a perfect mechanism for keeping species alive.

What we have are 'random' variations, and if a particular member of a species reproduces, it passes on whatever heritable characteristics possessed by its sperm or egg.  If it does not reproduce, it may still aid in relatives reproducing, so some of its heritable characteristics may still be passed on via its relatives reproducing.  Keep in mind, it is whatever reproduces that matters, not those members that might have the 'best' characteristics for the long run.

In the typical case, a willingness to have sex with multiple types of things is generally not problematic.  If an animal is willing to have sex with other species, as long as it is not hurt in the process, it makes little difference for its ability to reproduce offspring with its own species.  Just think about a man who has sex every day, with every other day him having sex with a sheep instead of a human.  He is still going to be able to reproduce plenty of human offspring, and his extra proclivities will matter little for his ability to reproduce.  Likewise, if a woman has sex with a sheep every other day, that, too, will not stop her from being able to reproduce.

On a related note, there are videos on youtube of cats and dogs having sex with each other.  Sexual animals have sex with what is available (or they don't have sex at all), and it does not make them unable to reproduce.

If a man has sex with children and adults, he may easily produce children with the sex with other adults.  The same idea, of course, applies to women.  Having sex with children does not prevent one from reproducing with adults.

So, if pedophilia is a heritable trait, it may be passed on, without the act of having sex with prepubescent children producing children.

People often think of evolution as some plan for making things better.  That is wrong.  Whatever reproduces is what is reproduced.  And whatever characteristics are thus passed on are the characteristics that are available for the next generation.  It is not a plan, and it is not making things necessarily "better."

Evolution is not teleological.  It is not furthering a purpose.  It is just a matter of what is passed on, not a matter of seeking any goal.

Goals are things that emotional beings have.  They are not things nature as a whole has.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Nations are more Peaceful Cosmic Ape 28 13908 February 18, 2012 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: AthiestAtheist
  'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds. theVOID 44 30173 January 12, 2010 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: littlegrimlin1