Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just because somebody is a Cambridge Uni lecturer it doesn't mean they're smart...wtf
Just because somebody is a Cambridge Uni lecturer it doesn't mean they're smart...wtf
For those who don't know, Dr. Arif Ahmed is a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Cambridge, England, and has been since 2011. Hamza Tzortis, on the other hand, is a Saudi funded stooge with zero credentials and is somebody loves to copy William Lane-Craig. I'm struggling to make sense of this video. Towards the end of the video Hamza claims somebody who works for Cambridge University isn't necessarily clever.

Seeing as Hamza appears to have access to knowledge that has so far eluded science, perhaps he can also tell us why gravity is much weaker than the strong/weak nuclear forces and the electromagnetic force? Or maybe he can tell us if String Theory is correct? After all, he seems to know what was around before our universe, something which scientists around the globe have been struggling to understand. Maybe when Hamaza gets some science qualifications from real university I'll take him seriously.

Can anybody make sense of the below video? I still don't understand what "epistemic probability" is. I can't imagine his lackeys do either, not that it matters to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZeExFyARo

RE: Just because somebody is a Cambridge Uni lecturer it doesn't mean they're smart.
First of all, it is true that working for Cambridge does not automatically make one correct.  But that is unimportant to the video.  You are watching a video made by idiots.  Their thinking is confused and muddled.  They do not properly define their supposed idea of "epistemic probability."  Giving an example is not giving a definition.  Basically, it seems that they just do not know what they are talking about, but are too stupid to know that.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Just because somebody is a Cambridge Uni lecturer it doesn't mean they're smart...wtf
(June 25, 2015 at 10:19 am)Pyrrho Wrote: First of all, it is true that working for Cambridge does not automatically make one correct.  But that is unimportant to the video.  You are watching a video made by idiots.  Their thinking is confused and muddled.  They do not properly define their supposed idea of "epistemic probability."  Giving an example is not giving a definition.  Basically, it seems that they just do not know what they are talking about, but are too stupid to know that.

Yes, you're right about working at Cambridge. I guess I was too confused and amused by the video to be thinking straight at the time. But, don't you think that to sound as stupid as they do they must know that they are acting stupidly? That's argument I see used against Fox News and I'm sure the same can me said about many religionists. They don't want you think that they are idiots because they want your money.

For example, DawahMan raised £32,000 for a dying baby in 2014 but the money seems to have disappeared. And he refuses to say what happened to the money... My guess is that it has been used to fund his lavish life style and got spent on designer clothing.

RE: Just because somebody is a Cambridge Uni lecturer it doesn't mean they're smart.
(June 25, 2015 at 11:41 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Yes, you're right about working at Cambridge. I guess I was too confused and amused by the video to be thinking straight at the time. But, don't you think that to sound as stupid as they do they must know that they are acting stupidly? ...

John Cleese says it well:

If it will not load, see:

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/09/monty-...-news-fans

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My god doesn't owe you an explaination! T.J. 22 2138 November 29, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Somebody came up to me offering to pray for me today ReptilianPeon 57 7006 October 8, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: tackattack
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11078 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4893 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2489 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Brian37 54 3087 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 16974 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4810 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1170 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Substitutionary Atonement! WTF? ignoramus 107 23577 June 23, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger