Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most controversial shirt in Rock history.
The most controversial shirt in Rock history.
Ha! This is a pretty entertaining article about a shirt made by the band Cradle of Filth. The shirt depicts a masturbating nun and on the back says...*cliff hanger*

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featur...y-20150625#

I particularly like that one man was arrested for wearing it and the judge ordered him to "grow up". Lol You're offended by your imaginary friend being called names, and you want him to grow up?
RE: The most controversial shirt in Rock history.
I don't have any problem with the shirt or the message; however, I would not wear it in public where there was a good chance I would run into young children. This has more to do with the sexual imagery on the front and nothing to do with people's religious sensibilities.
That'd be a quick way to bring lynch mobs back to Tennessee.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Eh, it must have something to do with religion, there have been offensive shirts since the dawn of metal. You're right, of course, that its obscene and wearing it would show a lack of foresight in regards to who you might run into, but I imagine the "Jesus is a Cunt" part caused an extra burst of outrage. I wouldn't wear it, but I'd like to own one, even if I'd have to hide it from my kid in the closet. Big Grin
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(June 26, 2015 at 9:17 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: That'd be a quick way to bring lynch mobs back to Tennessee.

That would be way cool:

[Image: LynchMobtokenlounge.jpg]
Ah Cradle of Filth... Saw them in Florida... good times...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The most offensive T-shirt I have says "Jesus is coming and he isn't wearing a condom." I have worn it in public.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
As a kid (around 13) I was at the mall with my father and brothers. We noticed two stereotypical looking bikers approaching, each wearing what appeared to be plain black t-shirts. You could hear the 80dB gasps from people as they passed by.

When they passed us we turned around to find the writing on their shirts. One had "What the fuck are you looking at?" and the other had "Tight women loosened here". Me and one of my brothers reflexively howled in laughter to which the 'bikers' turned to give us a shit eating grin and a thumbs up. My dad attempted to admonish us, but couldn't keep from laughing himself, albeit much more restrained.
When I was in highschool, and before I knew anything about his political views (he says to dispel judgement), I wore a Ted Nugent shirt from a concert my dad took me to. It said "Ted Fucking Nugent" across the back, and on the front was a picture of Ted sitting naked on a toilet with an exaggerated (I assume) censor bar on his dong.

And this is where the story really picks up. Not one teacher said anything about it and I went home on schedule.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(June 26, 2015 at 9:12 am)Cato Wrote: I don't have any problem with the shirt or the message; however, I would not wear it in public where there was a good chance I would run into young children. This has more to do with the sexual imagery on the front and nothing to do with people's religious sensibilities.

Well, that and using what is generally considered one of the most offensive words in the English language on the back. At least in America, anyway.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1733 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  history of the entire world, i guess Edwardo Piet 11 2595 May 27, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Name the skeptic or atheist, history trivia. Brian37 17 2528 April 13, 2017 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt? Gimple 54 6177 April 12, 2017 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Controversial views Napoléon 418 47099 September 22, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  the boss checked my computer history and saw AF drfuzzy 64 7600 April 28, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Society
  What method do you use to take off your t-shirt? brewer 21 2775 February 10, 2016 at 12:36 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Rock & Roll Rush Radio Brian37 5 780 October 16, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Epic Rap Battles of History: Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse Tyson Rampant.A.I. 6 2604 June 20, 2014 at 3:55 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Kanye West releases CRAZY T-shirt design! CleanShavenJesus 13 3416 July 17, 2013 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Kayenneh