Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:48 pm

Poll: yeah.
This poll is closed.
are you asexual?
20.00%
1 20.00%
y nut!
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meh.
Meh.
Sorry for the stupid poll and everything. can't undo it now - I guess that's why I did it, trying to rebel against netiquette guidelines and see what happens or something.
I expect a lively discussion though
Here you go:
Mind for the food:
asexualism

Obviously, the question being are you asexual?, the first option being yes, and the second one no. Did you know that asexuals are only 1 percent or smth?

Ok, let me phrase it a different way.

Envision an asexual society, where people are born only through artificial means.

Do you think this would be a better society to live in or not? Why so?

Aren't we headed that way, anyway? What with humanity's probably having to cope in the future with overpopulation and moreso even if we manage to engine our own biological make-up so as to resist ageing, disease and death by natural causes?

Sex is only pleasurable for one reason: the need for reproduction. With that out of the way, do you honestly think in a few million years(or just years, really, depending on how rational this society might be) we will still feel the need to have sex?

Don't be shy, people, I'm not just making up random questions, despite appearances. Anyway, I felt like all this was obvious without me having to point it out, but then again, it seems not - whaddayaknow?
RE: Meh.
not asexual, just brainwashed and dead inside
Not asexual. I'm a proud "sodomite", as Christians tend to call us. Big Grin
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
It's just a dryspell, I tell myself.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(July 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: Not asexual. I'm a proud "sodomite", as Christians tend to call us. Big Grin

I sometimes envy people like you.  By just existing, you piss off many Christians.  It is like a superpower. Wink

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 8, 2015 at 4:43 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(July 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: Not asexual. I'm a proud "sodomite", as Christians tend to call us. Big Grin

I sometimes envy people like you.  By just existing, you piss off many Christians.  It is like a superpower. Wink
I'm happy to help Christians stay pissed off. Big Grin 
You can do that too. You can tell them you're a sodomite, even if you're not. Either way to them "atheist" and "sodomite" are all the same evil, so they wouldn't know you're straight unless you told them. Wink
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(July 8, 2015 at 12:50 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: Ok, let me phrase it a different way.

Envision an asexual society, where people are born only through artificial means.

Do you think this would be a better society to live in or not? Why so?

Aren't we headed that way, anyway? What with humanity's probably having to cope in the future with overpopulation and moreso even if we manage to engine our own biological make-up so as to resist ageing, disease and death by natural causes?

Sex is only pleasurable for one reason: the need for reproduction. With that out of the way, do you honestly think in a few million years(or just years, really, depending on how rational this society might be) we will still feel the need to have sex?

Don't be shy, people, I'm not just making up random questions, despite appearances. Anyway, I felt like all this was obvious without me having to point it out, but then again, it seems not - whaddayaknow?

(bold mine)

Uhhhh... you must be doing it wrong.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(July 8, 2015 at 4:56 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: (bold mine)

I really hope you're joking and know what I really meant.
(July 8, 2015 at 5:13 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote:
(July 8, 2015 at 4:56 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: (bold mine)

I really hope you're joking and know what I really meant.

Well, it was meant in a joking tone, but if you meant something more than what you said, it's lost on me.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I'm a "sodomite" as well, and proud of it. "Hello kind sir, would you like to donate to the the cause of the Seventh Day Adventist church" - "No thanks, I'll be spending money in an orgy and I'll make sure I masturbate after". The brain of a religious person - A very curious and fascinating biological characteristic.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The givingz of the most kudoz Award belongz to meh Foxaèr 30 2635 April 9, 2018 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Losty