Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guzman Escaped
Guzman Escaped
I am surprised no one posted about this escape.

El Chapo( Joaquin Guzman) is the leader of the Sinola(sp?) Drug Cartel. He was captured and placed in a high security Mexican prison.  The prison cameras lost track of him when he went to the showers. Somehow, his people had dug a very long tunnel from a house to the prison showers so that he could escape. The house was constructed shortly after Guzman was taken to jail for the sole purpose of hiding the tunnel's exit.

What is interesting is that the Mexican government refused to turn him over to the US and claimed that there was no way he could escape. This is the second time he escaped from their custody.

One year Forbes placed him among their most wealthiest individuals in the world.

Some articles on the escape

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/12/world/mexi...po-escape/

I wonder if the workers on that tunnel will end up rich or dead? Members of the drug cartels are pretty ruthless so they could shoot everyone involved to make certain that no one ever talks
RE: Guzman Escaped
I don't see why the tunnel workers would have to be made either rich or dead. They need not know anything about where Guzman is now, so why would it matter if they talked? Doing so would get them in trouble with the authorities, and would likely lead to them then being killed by someone hired by Guzman, so it would probably not be smart for any of them to blab about this.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 13, 2015 at 1:08 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I don't see why the tunnel workers would have to be made either rich or dead.  They need not know anything about where Guzman is now, so why would it matter if they talked?  Doing so would get them in trouble with the authorities, and would likely lead to them then being killed by someone hired by Guzman, so it would probably not be smart for any of them to blab about this.

Good point. I would think that killing them would prevent someone from accidentally telling a girlfriend who might, in anger, go to the authorities. Of course, doing so would get her killed also so maybe there really is no need for them to kill the workers.

Hopefully, the authorities will recapture him and keep him in prison this time.
Since he is very wealthy, that makes it hard to keep him in custody.  His method of escape must have cost quite a lot of money, as it involved buying the property, building the house, and then paying workers to dig a long tunnel (which probably cost extra, because they were doing something illegal).  Most criminals in prisons could never afford such things.

Given that the Mexican government seems unable to keep him in custody, hopefully they will kill him when they are trying to capture him.  Either that or immediately hand him over to U.S. authorities.

Why should Mexico "turn him over to the US?"  It's a sovereign nation...Fuckhead Trump notwithstanding.
They are showing an inability to keep him in prison. Otherwise, I would agree that there would be no reason for them to do so.

I'm sure he broke enough laws in Mexico.  In case you forgot, our record for prison security is not exactly unblemished, either.
I'm rather surprised these news only reached America now. It's all over our news for the last two days.

And why the outrage? He's a businessman catering to a market. You could even argue he's hurt less people than the suits at Wallstreet.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:I'm rather surprised these news only reached America now.

We've been distracted by flags coming down and Trump.

'Murricans are easily distracted.
As a criminal it must be really cool to tell everyone how awesome you are for escaping jail
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Escaped ISIS Hostage after 10 months tells how to defeat ISIS Heat 22 4148 December 8, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bishop escaped abuse charges after MPs and royal family intervened, court told TubbyTubby 39 4032 October 8, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman