Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a ps4 worth it for me?
Is a ps4 worth it for me?
I want to use my ps4 mainly to play online on call of duty, but I'm worried about hackers.  I sold my last playstation 3 straight after call of duty on that console got hacked and people started being invincible and flying around.

I don't want to have to sell my ps4 a month or so after buying it if I find out hackers have ruined this game too, also if there is hackers is there anyway to avoid playing with them?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Is a ps4 worth it for me?
Wait. You sold your console because you went on a call of duty lobby that got hacked? You did realise it wasn't your ps3 that got hacked, right?

My only experiences with hacked CoD lobbies is when the game itself is a few years old and the only people who play that particular CoD game anymore are dickwad quickscopers and 4 year old screamers. Generally hacked lobbies aren't a problem on the most recent CoD games, if you do happen to come across one just find another lobby. I didn't think this was that much of a problem that you would/wouldn't buy a console over it nor would I have sold my console because of it. I mean damn, you really sold your console because of that? The fuck.

Besides, if you're buying a PS4 just for CoD you have some messed up priorities anyway IMHO. You should be buying it for MGS or Fallout 4 or something.
Metal Gear Solid FTW!!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 18, 2015 at 9:48 am)paulpablo Wrote: I want to use my ps4 mainly to play online on call of duty, but I'm worried about hackers.  I sold my last playstation 3 straight after call of duty on that console got hacked and people started being invincible and flying around.

I don't want to have to sell my ps4 a month or so after buying it if I find out hackers have ruined this game too, also if there is hackers is there anyway to avoid playing with them?
Go pc. Better play and better graphics
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
What are you doing playing FPS's with those goofy ass loose thumb sticks? You'd get more reticle control sticking your thumbs in jello. If its FPS's you're after, go with Xbox. Just ignore the wonky Xbox One Desktop. Don't know why they messed with a good thing there.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I doubt the newest CoD's have too many hackers beyond people using the occasional modded controller, but I could never recommend buying a console just to play a CoD game.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 18, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I doubt the newest CoD's have too many hackers beyond people using the occasional modded controller, but I could never recommend buying a console just to play a CoD game.

I didn't start out with the intention of only wanting to play COD, it's just the game never left the console the entire time I had it except to play metal gear solid and complete that a few times, so I appreciate what people are saying about metal gear solid, that and GTA are the only other games I anticipate myself playing because I know how addicted I get to individual games especially COD.

I understand that the hackers didn't hack my device, but I had got so good at the multiplayer and played on it so long, I was devastated when the cheating started to happen.

The games I plan to buy are mortal combat, metal gear solid, and GTA and COD advanced warfare.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

The good thing is that Activision is great at pumping every last minute of gameplay out of an engine, and pushing out a new version every six months or so, so when the cheating starts happening, you can always move to the new game.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 18, 2015 at 12:23 pm)paulpablo Wrote: The games I plan to buy are mortal combat

KOMBAT.

WITH A K.

Fuckin' noobs.
(July 18, 2015 at 12:23 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I didn't start out with the intention of only wanting to play COD, it's just the game never left the console the entire time I had it except to play metal gear solid and complete that a few times, so I appreciate what people are saying about metal gear solid, that and GTA are the only other games I anticipate myself playing because I know how addicted I get to individual games especially COD.

I understand that the hackers didn't hack my device, but I had got so good at the multiplayer and played on it so long, I was devastated when the cheating started to happen.

The games I plan to buy are mortal combat, metal gear solid, and GTA and COD advanced warfare.

Well, I think it would be worth it, and I love pretty much everything about my PS4 except for the PSN. I don't know how comparable it is to how Xbox live runs right now, but my connection speed to he network is often well below what I get from my ISP and the network goes down fairly frequently. Although, I've just gotten my internet service upped to 60mps, and I've seen less of a problem. The network isn't so bad that it's a deal-breaker, but it's something to take into consideration.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portal, is it worth trying? Gawdzilla Sama 72 6364 May 4, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  PS4 VR Bow Before Zeus 10 2136 December 7, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  PS4 Napoléon 24 2651 November 10, 2015 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  PS4 game called WILD Hellfire1014 0 1069 September 17, 2014 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Hellfire1014
  Is CoD Ghosts Worth It? Walking Void 50 10041 January 29, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Nine