Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portal, is it worth trying?
Portal, is it worth trying?
Looking for single-player games that aren't kill-kill-kill-kill-repeat. Your thoughts are solicited.
RE: Portal, is it worth trying?
I dunno I've never played it. But I know that Portal 2 is the highest rated game ever on Steam. Never played that either.

And Factorio is the second highest rated game ever on Steam (I highly recommend it. Played that one).
It's FPS, no thank you.....
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I didn’t realize this was in the gaming section. I thought someone was trying to make a real portal. Carry on.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 3, 2018 at 5:27 pm)Losty Wrote: I didn’t realize this was in the gaming section. I thought someone was trying to make a real portal. Carry on.

*hugs*

Loves me some Losty.
~ Erin Hunter
Absolutely, yes. It's legit (and recognized as) one of the greatest games ever produced.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 3, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Kit Wrote: It's FPS, no thank you.....
Its as far as you can get from a FPS. It's a first-person puzzle game that really gets your noodle going.

Highly recomend
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(May 3, 2018 at 5:40 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Kit Wrote: It's FPS, no thank you.....
Its as far as you can get from a FPS. It's a first-person puzzle game that really gets your noodle going.

Highly recomend

The images I saw made it seem like a FPS.
~ Erin Hunter
(May 3, 2018 at 5:41 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 5:40 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Its as far as you can get from a FPS. It's a first-person puzzle game that really gets your noodle going.

Highly recomend

The images I saw made it seem like a FPS.

I guess it's FPP. First person puzzler. Hehe.
First person is the perspective. Honestly, that's part of what makes it a great puzzle game. You're not trying to fit blocks into even lines from above.  

You are the block, and don't forget your cube - NOW GET IN LINE!

Joking aside, Portal is a first person shooter in that your cube(s) is/are essentially a skeleton key (except when it's not) and you can project it (and other things) around the puzzle with a gravity gun. Mostly, though, you just play it for witty banter from GLADOS and the song...and the cake, ofc.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a ps4 worth it for me? paulpablo 11 1525 July 18, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Is CoD Ghosts Worth It? Walking Void 50 9715 January 29, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Portal 2? Tiberius 7 1975 March 5, 2012 at 5:45 am
Last Post: veronicaZora