Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I think...
What should I think...
I always figured if there  was a god I wouldn't think of it unless something happened to make me believe. Now I don't know what to think. Maybe my imagination is making these things more impossible and amazing than they really are. I don't know what to think anymore as it all just seems impossible and I bought a cheap camera to carry around with me and got a few pics.
Basically I moved into this apartment several months ago and weird stuff was constantly happening. Then once when I was going out for a smoke I noticed the branches on the tree looked like an uppercase E which I thought was interesting because the shadow it was casting was like a lower case "c" and "n" stacked together. C=3 and n=14 so it was like Pi 3.14..

After realising more some stuff I kept witnessing stuff that just seemed beyond possible to happen as coincidence. I picked out a song and threw some brief descriptions with pictures into a short video.  Hopefully you can see what I see and it's not just an over active imagination.

{snip}

What do you think? Is it "God" messing with me or just a bunch coincidences and imagination?

Nevermind I can't seem to get the video to show up

Here's the url if it doesn't show up for you too.

{snip}

Moderator Notice
Please read the rules. You must be a member for thirty days and contribute thirty posts before self-promotion is allowed.
RE: What should I think...
I think Wagner is the wrong soundtrack.

Try the theme from "The Twilight Zone."
(July 23, 2015 at 3:16 pm)Orobos Wrote: I always figured if there  was a god I wouldn't think of it unless something happened to make me believe. 

But something did happen to you.  You were given an 'intervention' by a lot of pushy, delusional people.

^ See what happens when you assume? I like your video.
Go away until you can back with something better.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Brains are made to spot patterns. You spotted a pattern. Backwards-inferring of the probability of that pattern is useless, because if there wasn't a pattern there, you wouldn't have seen it.

What would be significant is if you spotted that pattern, and no other pattern, everywhere. It may be significant as evidence not of a god but of a mental illness, but it would be significant nonetheless. See, e.g., The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Coincidences and imagination.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Aliens. Duh.
ok, but did you see a silhouette of a rock crusher by any chance!
I've got this thing stuck in my head and I'm not sure what it is just yet...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Don't ask people what you should think. Make up your own damn mind Wink
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Ah reminds me of the beautiful things and patterns when looking at the floating clouds... so pretty
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think? ErGingerbreadMandude 31 5500 December 27, 2016 at 2:07 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Why I think theists who think atheists are going to hell are full of shit. Whateverist 11 3046 April 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  do u think people think im lame for not having a gf? leodeo 45 9113 November 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen