Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beauty of Science - Richard Dawkins
The Beauty of Science - Richard Dawkins
I just thought I'd share this. It's a very good poem-like speech given by Richard Dawkins on the fact that is the cumulativeness of science. 

Also, if anyone could tell me the name of the piano score playing in the background, I'd very much appreciate it.

I am absolutely certain that I do not know, but it might be possible to find out. - Christopher Hitchens 
Follow Me!
RE: The Beauty of Science - Richard Dawkins
You could look at the description of the video, you know... Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 2, 2015 at 7:24 am)Alex K Wrote: You could look at the description of the video, you know... Smile

Oh! I didnt even see it, thank you!

Also, if I may ask, why do you use a bible verse as your signature if youre against theism?
I am absolutely certain that I do not know, but it might be possible to find out. - Christopher Hitchens 
Follow Me!
You might also like AronRa. I'm not much into posterboy atheists, but Dawkins and AronRa are exemptions to that rule since they are both tongue in cheek. AronRa also has a series about science where he explains complicated natural science. In very simple terms, which is right up my avenue, since I freely admit to be an idiot when it comes to natural science.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 2, 2015 at 7:53 am)abaris Wrote: You might also like AronRa. I'm not much into posterboy atheists, but Dawkins and AronRa are exemptions to that rule since they are both tongue in cheek. AronRa also has a series about science where he explains complicated natural science. In very simple terms, which is right up my avenue, since I freely admit to be an idiot when it comes to natural science.

Ill give him a look up! Thank you for the suggestion!
Follow Me!
Try that for starters. Not about science but about tongue in cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4sRH6xir0
(August 2, 2015 at 7:46 am)hilary Wrote:
(August 2, 2015 at 7:24 am)Alex K Wrote: You could look at the description of the video, you know... Smile

Oh! I didnt even see it, thank you!

Also, if I may ask, why do you use a bible verse as your signature if youre against theism?

Why not? I was brought up protestant anyways. But first of all, it somehow fit. Second of all, ironically, i.e. to mock the Christians who put bible verses in the sig. Thirdly, what better demonstration is there that the Yahweh character is an asshole than the book of Job...Ok there are plenty Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(August 2, 2015 at 9:52 am)Alex K Wrote: Thirdly, what better demonstration is there that the Yahweh character is an asshole than the book of Job...

Uhm .... too many to count?
(August 2, 2015 at 9:55 am)abaris Wrote:
(August 2, 2015 at 9:52 am)Alex K Wrote: Thirdly, what better demonstration is there that the Yahweh character is an asshole than the book of Job...

Uhm .... too many to count?

Hehe, see edit Smile
I always type entries in several intermediate steps on my phone bc it crashes too often or suddenly loses the wifi.

Point is, quoting the Bible is a natural thing to do for an anti-theist!

(August 2, 2015 at 9:56 am)Alex K Wrote:
(August 2, 2015 at 9:55 am)abaris Wrote: Uhm .... too many to count?

Hehe, see edit Smile
I always type entries in several intermediate steps on my phone bc it crashes too often or suddenly loses the wifi.

Point is, quoting the Bible is a natural thing to do for an anti-theist!

Especially Ezekiel 23:19-21 ಠ_ಠ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool quote from Professor Richard Feynman. Jehanne 8 1332 June 25, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dawkins on the Daily Show tonight. Brian37 5 2276 September 26, 2013 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7744 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  The Beauty of Science (Richard Feynman) Rayaan 0 1148 June 19, 2012 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Poor Richard Leakey..... Minimalist 3 2623 June 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Colanth
  13 yr. old Christian shames Dawkins? reverendjeremiah 31 17290 January 12, 2012 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Bill O'Reilly punks Richard Dawkins A Theist 45 28845 October 8, 2011 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Captain Scarlet
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4273 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe
  Dawkins-If Religion worked like science.... dave4shmups 14 5172 October 12, 2010 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist