Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few days left to check this film out...
A few days left to check this film out...
A bit of quantum mechanics, string theory, Einstein, Prof Brian Cox, (he sure rocks Cool ) Just watched the BBC's Horizon: Do You Know What Time It Is? I missed it the other day but you can watch it on I Player. It will only be available for a few more days. It's absolutely fascinating.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00...ime_It_Is/
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
RE: A few days left to check this film out...
Not fair, I am not allowed to watch that (outside UK).
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Ahhh, es tut mir leid. I didn't know. Sorry about that. Undecided

Albert Einstein
You cant help that, its the BBC's fault. Hopefully it will appear on Google video. I've seen more great documentaries there.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
If you want to download and keep it forever, (and you live in the UK) then there is an answer:

http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/
(December 4, 2008 at 6:39 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Not fair, I am not allowed to watch that (outside UK).

I'm sure it's possible to get some sort of software that disguises your IP address and makes certain sites, like the bbc, think that you are in the U.K.

If that doesn't work try this.

http://www.torrentz.com/

Most things end up here after a while..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Is the torrent one legal? I don't allow anyone to use sites like Limewire, on our newish computer, as my last one got nobbed and I wonder if it was using these kind of download/upload sites??? Confused Plus I should say, I worry about getting caught if it is an illegal one (I'm a worrier).

Albert Einstein
The iplayer downloader is legal, athough the BBC keep trying to thwart it. It simply pretends to be an iPhone (perfectly legal) and then downloads the playable file given to the iPhone users.
(December 5, 2008 at 2:06 pm)CoxRox Wrote: Is the torrent one legal? I don't allow anyone to use sites like Limewire, on our newish computer, as my last one got nobbed and I wonder if it was using these kind of download/upload sites??? Confused Plus I should say, I worry about getting caught if it is an illegal one (I'm a worrier).

It's no more illegal than recording from the television.

If I had a copy that I had recorded and I decided to let you borrow it, would you? Technically you shouldn't, but I think most people would.

I would stay away from limewire and bearshare. I've had no problems with emule though.

At the moment I am using bitTorrent which seems to be fine.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Limewire is now Open Source and as such does not have any spyware attached to it anymore (it used to).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cassini's Last Days Clueless Morgan 26 6905 September 14, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You know what's totally awesome? H-Bombs! (Operation IVY propaganda/info film) Alex K 6 877 March 8, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tyson Picks Up Where Sagan Left Off Minimalist 3 1114 February 12, 2014 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Neil to Earth: Reality Check Creed of Heresy 4 2012 August 10, 2013 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Revealing the Universe - check this out. thesummerqueen 41 11198 September 28, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman