Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil to Earth: Reality Check
Neil to Earth: Reality Check

This is from last year, at the 28th National Space Symposium. It is perhaps NdGT's most passionate and convincing argument for the exploration of space ever, and perhaps the most passionate and convincing argument for the exploration of space from anyone ever, to be honest.

I doubt it'll be a mystery to anyone why I consider him Carl Sagan 2.0.

Make sure you have an hour to devote to watching this, but rest assured that if you have any interest in economics, space exploration, national interests, human advancement, and/or the practical application of innovation to the world at large, you will be fascinated with everything he has to say, and you will find yourself wishing that it went on even longer.
RE: Neil to Earth: Reality Check
I think he is right, it is a dead shame we value greed, money and power over science and exploration. He and Michio Kaku had massive influence on my POV on god, the world and science as a whole. They all think the current educational system kills innovation and curosity, they feel the current mentality for profit is destroying innovation for the sake of the bottom line. I can go one, but the one rigging word they always say, we right now in America are killing our dreamers, that cannot be more close to the truth.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Cheers for this bro.
You have a really smart guy speaking but then you have these dumbass motherfuckers voting.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/ap...ce-funding

Quote:The 2013 Commerce, Justice, Science (CJS) appropriations bill contains $51.1 billion in funding, $731 million below what President Obama requested. On Tuesday, a Senate subcommittee passed a bill at the level of the president's request.

A large chunk of savings comes from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) — which faces a $226 million cut, mostly due to the end of the Space Shuttle program. The NASA budget keeps the James Webb Space Telescope intact, something the GOP tried to gut in the past.
(August 5, 2013 at 7:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You have a really smart guy speaking but then you have these dumbass motherfuckers voting.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/ap...ce-funding

Quote:The 2013 Commerce, Justice, Science (CJS) appropriations bill contains $51.1 billion in funding, $731 million below what President Obama requested. On Tuesday, a Senate subcommittee passed a bill at the level of the president's request.

A large chunk of savings comes from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) — which faces a $226 million cut, mostly due to the end of the Space Shuttle program. The NASA budget keeps the James Webb Space Telescope intact, something the GOP tried to gut in the past.

"Tried to gut in the past..."

God fucking DAMMIT, GOP. It's almost like these assholes are actively trying to gut this nation from stem to god-damn stern. They're all bitter and jelly and butthurt over the fact that they lost their majority hold on everything and that we're becoming disinterested in their party when once they held a supermajority, and they're being petty ass-shits and trying to kill us all! It's revenge, I tell ya, REVENGE!

No, seriously, it really feels that way sometimes. These assholes will vote for massive amounts of military funding increases, yet the moment it comes to anything that requires a brain to understand, suddenly it's gotta be voted down. We can't let Americans become smart! They might start questioning dogma and conservative ideologies!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 571 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25234 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Happy Neil's Day, Everyone! BrianSoddingBoru4 6 603 July 27, 2022 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 587 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4388 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Buddhist calendar and cosmologist Neil Turok Interaktive 18 1371 August 12, 2020 at 2:06 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7340 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  What are the rationalizations of flat earth believers? ErGingerbreadMandude 48 6852 January 20, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Familiarity with the Earth Sciences TheBeardedDude 4 1060 August 25, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus