Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Button Not Working
Post Button Not Working
Sometimes, the post button doesn't work. I noticed a few days ago that a post I made didn't show up. I figured I screwed up some how but just now, it wouldn't accept a post. No thing important - just a Lol to Rhonda's Golden Screw joke. I made a successful post about five minutes ago and if you're reading this, this one worked.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Post Button Not Working
(August 21, 2015 at 2:25 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Sometimes, the post button doesn't work. I noticed a few days ago that a post I made didn't show up. I figured I screwed up some how but just now, it wouldn't accept a post. No thing important - just a Lol to Rhonda's Golden Screw joke. I made a successful post about five minutes ago and if you're reading this, this one worked.

The reply button incorporated the quote button for some reason. And Buddha help you if you try editing multiquoted posts.
The reply button beneath each post will quote the post above it.

The "New Reply" button at the top or bottom of each thread will create a new reply in the editor without quoting. Also, the quick reply box at the bottom of each thread is another way to reply without a quote.

Protip: if you use Chrome, there is a plugin called "BBCodeInsert" which will insert BBCode tags by selecting them in the right click menu. It works for selected text as well. For example, if you post an image link, highlight the link, and click the img tags in the Right Click Menu, it will surround the link with the tags. I use it for urls all the time. It will launch a dialog box for entering the link if you've selected the text you want to hyperlink, or vice versa.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 21, 2015 at 2:25 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Sometimes, the post button doesn't work. I noticed a few days ago that a post I made didn't show up. I figured I screwed up some how but just now, it wouldn't accept a post. No thing important - just a Lol to Rhonda's Golden Screw joke. I made a successful post about five minutes ago and if you're reading this, this one worked.

If it was just "Lol," then there is a minimum character length post, and I think the character length is 4.

"Lol!" might work...

ETA: I can't test it, because that limitation is not in effect for the moderator user group. Sorry.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Lol
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Well there goes that theory... Big Grin

(August 21, 2015 at 3:01 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
Code:
Lol [b] [/b]

I see u cheatin cheetah Angry
Is it when the thread has an embedded video? I have problems with all buttons when a video is embedded.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
My reply to Rhonda was in fact, Lol!. Wouldn't accept it. There were no quotes. I don't remember if I used them a few days ago or not. I've been here since the change though and the bulk of my 1000+ posts have been since then. Never had any issues with posting previously.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creating an account not working? Ferrocyanide 1 115 April 11, 2024 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Rate button BrokenQuill92 4 1113 December 10, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  [Serious] The Show Content Button? Draconic Aiur 3 1088 May 15, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1178 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  The "winner" button Foxaèr 9 2091 September 29, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Saving drafts isn't working for me emjay 4 1246 February 3, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: emjay
  URL tags not working properly Joods 27 3252 July 4, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Add a soundcloud button? bennyboy 8 2137 March 3, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Videos in posts not working Joods 8 3204 February 25, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1306 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am