Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Videos in posts not working
Videos in posts not working
All I'm getting is a black window within the post, where the video should be.

I'm running Firefox. It is up to date. This started the other day, I just didn't remember to post about it here until now.

I see most pics and images just fine. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Videos in posts not working
Is that for all videos? Or just youtube ones?

If it's just youtube:
Go in https://www.youtube.com/html5.
Check if you're already using HTML5 for youtube... if not, there should be an option to turn it on. (I no longer have the option to turn it off! Tongue )
Never worry about flash player in youtube again.

Oh, and look in your address bar, on AF. Just before atheistforums.org, you may want to have an "https://". Keep your internet activity private, use a secure connection whenever possible.
I don't have the https. How do I get it?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
N/m I found that by simply typing in https: before "atheistforums.org" in the address bar, worked.

My browser does support the html5 but I still am not seeing the videos. The website you sent me to doesn't really tell me anything that is helpful. I can easily go into my Firefox options to see that html5 is checked but again, if I can't see the videos, what can I do to resolve this?
Tell us what happens with a different browser.

Can you view YouTube stuff directly?

Check your options in CP to see if it's ticked to view media. *_shrugs*
Bbcode enabled?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Things work fine on another browser, even on my tablet. I'm assuming Firefox is the issue. And it's just YouTube. I can't view anything for YT, even when I go to their site directly.
(February 24, 2016 at 8:17 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Things work fine on another browser, even on my tablet. I'm assuming Firefox is the issue. And it's just YouTube. I can't view anything for YT, even when I go to their site directly.

I'm pretty sure YouTube still uses Flash.  Try checking your plugins and making sure Flash is updated.  Alternatively, install Chrome.  In my experience, it's a champ at making stuff run that other sites won't.

I run my own website, and I CANNOT get either Internet Explorer or the Android default browser to work properly with it.  I have given up, and told all my customers to just spend the 10 seconds it takes to download and install the Chrome browser.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questi...670?page=2

Straight from the mozzarella website!

( my autocorrect suggested Godzilla or mozzarella.
I figured mozzarella was the less cheesy of the 2)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Could be a browser extension. I know Ghostery kills most of the shit on most video pages (not youtube though) because it blocks all their ads.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up [Serious] Please permit me insert persian paragraphs in my posts Anti.Enslave 5 58 April 24, 2024 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Creating an account not working? Ferrocyanide 1 115 April 11, 2024 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4816 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1689 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1178 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1400 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3118 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Images and videos not displaying. Edwardo Piet 19 2026 October 29, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 886 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet