Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy
Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy
I just read this article about anti-vaxxers, it's somewhat sympathetic. Wondering what you think.
RE: Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy
The article is proof that pussy can seriously fuck with a dude's head.

Anti-vaccination sympathy? Seriously? The author is trading the very real dangers of the anti-vaccination ideology for the sake of a faux progressive respect for a difference of opinion and an over-exaggerated estimate of his wife's intelligence; something he repeatedly proclaims with no justification as if repeating it makes it true.

Fucking polio. These assholes just need to go away before any real harm can be done. There's no debate. Treating these idiots with kid gloves is a bad tactic.
Gist of the article:
Sometimes even smart people get taken in by junk science but a loving empathetic approach can bring them around.

Yes, even smart people can be duped by junk science, especially when it's coupled with fear.

Love and empathy bringing them around. Usually bullshit.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I'd love to read how this story would have gone if this woman's kid had gotten mumps, or if this dude had decided he wanted another baby and didn't want that baby around an older sibling who is a plague-bearer. Love and empathy is great and all, but legislation would be better. These people are dangerous to their children and others. We don't really have time to Care Bears our way out of this one.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Wow I love how us skeptics are all arrogant white males! Hear that ladies, apparently were all men LOL.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Sure, they're not that bad. They just purposefully deny their children treatment for nasty and otherwise easily preventable diseases, putting hundreds of other children at risk. No fucking biggie -_-

I'm all for having your own opinion. But when your opinion gives someone else's child measles, it's time to shove it up your ass.
(September 5, 2015 at 3:43 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Sure, they're not that bad. They just purposefully deny their children treatment for nasty and otherwise easily preventable diseases, putting hundreds of other children at risk. No fucking biggie -_-

I'm all for having your own opinion. But when your opinion gives someone else's child measles, it's time to shove it up your ass.
Maybe people should tell people that if your kids are not vaccinated I don't want them around me or my children.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 5, 2015 at 3:43 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Sure, they're not that bad. They just purposefully deny their children treatment for nasty and otherwise easily preventable diseases, putting hundreds of other children at risk. No fucking biggie -_-

I don't think thats how vaccinations work!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

You can't force them to be treated/vaccinated. However, there needs to be societal consequences for not vaccinating, the largest being isolation. No school admission, no public transportation, must wear anti contamination gear when venturing into highly trafficked places. The list goes on.

There should also be consequences if vaccine refusers become ill and are found to be the vector for infecting immunocompromised people that medically can't be vaccinated or have lost their ability to have an adequate immune response due to other disease or disease treatment.

I'll let others debate what the consequences should be. I think that both criminal and civil solutions should be considered.

Take a look at the Typhoid Mary story.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 5, 2015 at 3:43 am)Neimenovic Wrote: I'm all for having your own opinion. But when your opinion gives someone else's child measles, it's time to shove it up your ass.

Yeah, and the extent of my sympathy is to provide lubricant.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2124 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fuck you, anti-vaxxers bennyboy 32 3405 February 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior EruptedCarcassBloat 84 9640 October 12, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 4733 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anti vaxers at it again? KichigaiNeko 7 2046 May 16, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Anti-vac children on the line Kayenneh 10 4964 January 26, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce