Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: How Do I Make Pictures with Words on Them?
Question: How Do I Make Pictures with Words on Them?
I've noticed often when someone wants to make a quick quip they put the words on a big picture in big letters. I can't imagine they would take the time to go through all that in Photoshop every time they want to say something, but I don't see a way to do it automatically here. Is there a way?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Question: How Do I Make Pictures with Words on Them?
(September 5, 2015 at 6:08 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: I've noticed often when someone wants to make a quick quip they put the words on a big picture in big letters. I can't imagine they would take the time to go through all that in Photoshop every time they want to say something, but I don't see a way to do it automatically here. Is there a way?
Mememaker. Or gimp
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I went to MemeMaker. I chose one of the templates, but how do I put in the text?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

I always use this.

http://www.fakeposters.com/generator/

It let's you use url's for the pictures.
I'll do a step by step tut tonight.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Any photoshop software. Gimp is free. Just fire it up an write something over the picture. But don't forget to merge layers.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 5, 2015 at 8:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I'll do a step by step tut tonight.

Do you mean for MemeMaker?

I already have a good photo editing program. I was just hoping there was something more automatic since AF doesn't let you up[load stuff directly from the computer but I have to create it and then ftp it just to say something stupid on a picture. I'm not going to pay money for this..

--Voltaire

try memegenerator.net
It's fairly easy,
Select template,
Type text in input boxes beside image,
Choose to save in online
Post the link here wrapped in img tags
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 6, 2015 at 12:43 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: I already  have a good photo editing program. I was just hoping there was something more automatic since AF doesn't let you up[load stuff directly from the computer but I have to create it and then ftp it just to say something stupid  on a picture. I'm not going to pay money for this..

A lot of us use photobucket.com  It is free.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
[Image: qn1q8.jpg]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting Pictures h4ym4n 2 1217 June 17, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  What Hoops Do I Need To Jump Through To Upload Pictures. sanebrain 41 5411 August 6, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My posts disappearing after I submit them Aegon 4 1442 February 13, 2016 at 3:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  pictures inside hide + url tags not showing Angrboda 6 2339 September 20, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: c172
  Footnotes/Endnotes... perhaps add them? :) Violet 4 1633 September 23, 2011 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Upload Pictures colubridae 10 4280 June 15, 2011 at 11:29 am
Last Post: colubridae